[V8.9] Manufacturing Instantly Drains All Cash

After researching laser weapons I went into the workshop screen and added a couple of each laser weapon to the manufacture queue, but only allocated my technicians to the top two projects. After exciting to the geoscape I immediately got popup messages saying several projects had been suspended due to insufficient funds (even though I had about $10mil in the bank).

Went back into the workshop screen, noticed I now had no money, used the 'm' key to top back up to $10+ million, exited again and saw the money drain away in a flash. When I went back into the workshop and either added a single technician to each project or deleted the unresourced ones from the queue, the problem went away.

Weird!

As original post: two of each of the laser weapon types as they became available plus about a dozen of the laser cells. I also had 10 units of wolf armour part manufactured. I switched some of the techs from the wolf armour to manufacture the two precision lasers but left all the other projects with no techs assigned.

The popups back on the geoscape that gave the 'suspend due to lack of funding' only appeared for the projects with no techs assigned (one for each project in immediate succession), which is why I went back and deleted the ones without any technicians assigned.

I'll see if I can recreate...

Right - recreated it. Load the attached save (saved immediately after laser weapons project has completed) and do the following:

1. Go to workshop screen and start building 2x precision laser, 2x laser rifle, 2x laser carbine and 15x laser cell (in that order without allocating any techs away from the wolf armour manufacturing between starting each);

2. Reduce the number of technicians working on wolf armour to 20;

3. Allocate those 19 techs all to the 2x precision laser project;

4. Exit to geoscape and watch the cash vanish and the pop-ups appear.

If you try to use 'm' on the geoscape the pop-ups reappear instantly. If you go into base view and use 'm' to increase cash reserves to $20mil+ then exit you can see the rate it disappears.

2012-01-25_20.10.06.zip

2012-01-25_20.10.06.zip

2012-01-25_20.10.06.zip