Make weapons base dependent

Cold

Now i'm not sure if people have suggested this already but i've read in the FAQ that there was a demand for having different starter weapons. Yet the devs said it would be too confusing for players to have multiple weapons for the same purpose yet with only slighty different or even equal stats and I can completely agree with that.

I love the Cold War scenario a lot, where humanity seems to unite against an enemy that is threatening everyone. Yet i simply cannot see a base on soviet territory equipped with M16. A NATO like alliance appears most believeable to me yet even a UNO like organization sents their troops together with equipment.

My suggestion would be that either:

A) Every base has their weapons decided by the continent it is located on. So basically M-16 for North America, FN-FAL or HK G3 for Europe, South America & Australia, AK47 for the rest of the world.

or

B) You can chose your preferred weapon pack at the beginning of a game.

or

C) The nationality of the soldier will decide his gear once he has it in his hands.

Personally i would favor A. In all cases your weapons cabinet wouldn't be overloaded with 3 versions of basically the same gun. The game would simply replace them and keep the clarity this way. This would also be the most user friendly option instead of having to use mods to replace the guns by hand. I'm sure the community would provide great graphics even for MG's, sniper rifles and so on. All the devs would have to do is to integrate the code that the game realizes which weapon "skins" have to be available on which base and in which mission, decided e.g. by the base the dropship has started or for option C, as mentioned before it is decided by the nationality.

I do believe immersion would benefit noteworthy due to that.

There's already Soviet weapon images in the game, and we'll have a Soviet weapon mod available when the game launches. But I think having the same weapons changing skin in the same game would just be confusing for players.

Also, I'm not sure the community would be able to generate the required skins to the quality that the professional artist who did the weapons would be able to, unfortunately - and he's too busy to do another 30 or so human weapons.