[V19 STABLE HOTFIX 02/09/2013 - Steam] Destroying bases doesn't seem to destroy bases

Actually, returning to the base and exploring further revealed a third glowing orb. I was under the impression the Xenopedia entry said you only needed to destroy two, but maybe all three need to go? (Since the third requires eliminating practically the entire base anyway, doesn't seem very useful anymore)

Edit: Checked Xenopedia entry and it confirms there should only be two, so either there are too many or I have no idea what the power cores are supposed to be.

Edited by GlyphGryph

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I have succesfully destroyed some bases! It does not involve destroying the things I thought it involved destroying (the blue lit up ball things). It doesn't involve destroying two of something either, oddly enough.

There is a big square machine, very large, fills up most of the room. In the medium base it's just past the second hangar. This is the machine that needs to be destroyed.

However, if it's destroyed but your squad dies it still doesn't destroy the base - you need at least one survivor to "escape" for it to count. So there goes my valiant falling back with my last survive to destroy the machine and make a last stand in that room, taking the whole base out with me, hah.

The description is wrong, essentially, but the base destruction mechanics do seem to be working (occasionally)