V19 SC1 crsh after kill last alien

I'm having this problem every time I kill the last alien. It freezes and I have to sign out and load back into the game. With iron man enabled, it saves just a turn or two before the last alien is downed and when I finish it goes right to the mission success screen.

EDIT: Now it seems the game will ctd when I try to load my autosave.

Edited by gshuford

When I killed the last alien in a light scout with a pistol from my shield man, the game froze, and while I waited for the next screen to come, it never came because the game was not responding (Cntr-alt-del said so).

Okay, I think I found a fix. This doesn't seem to work in the normal game, so you have to enable the experimental beta first. If you don't know how to do that, let me know.

Once you're in beta (and I prefer the UI there anyway), go to the executable file and set it to run as admin and win xp sp 3.

If you're not sure how to do all that, let me know and I'll give you a step by step process.

I ran a mission like this and it didn't freeze on me. We'll see if that remains the case.