Ground Combat Balance Discussion V19 Stable Candidate 1

Aaron

Why not just make it a full 100% chance to absorb from the front and then balance the hp accordingly? Although with 100% absorb chance 120hp's probably fine, that's going to be two attacks most of the time - remember that the shield will absorb any excess damage, so a three-shot burst fire will be completely absorbed by a shield with 1hp. Or at least, that's my experience.

One turn, I toss a few stun/flashbang grenades at a Sebillian that spawned near my Chinook. He runs a short distance and a civilian shoots him. Next turn, one of my guys stuns him with his baton and he falls down blue. Yet the civilian keeps shooting at him and kills him.

Forgive my ignorance on the subject (I've only been playtesting since the release of 19c1), but is the current mid-game combat balanced around seizing alien plasma weaponry, or is doing so considered glitch abuse since the implied accuracy penalties from using alien weapons are non-existent?