Three alien fighters? No way!

I restarted an attack against 3 alien fighters with everything from 3 foxtrots to one foxtrot and two Condors, but I cannot with the battle anyway and always lose at least one plane. They are faster and shoot farther than my planes.

My usual technique against multiple targets is to split my force, destroy one with the foxtrot that is then used as a decoy for the other two. but this does not work against 3 fighters, because they shoot before the foxtrot which cannot dodge. Sending in a Condor with its short missile range is suicide against these fighters, because the Condor can only dodge the first missile and the second one usually comes before the Condor is within its missile range.

After failing a half dozen tries, I decided to ignore them, since fighters cannot land aliens.

You do have torpedoes equipped on your foxtrots, right? And I'm assuming this is in 19.7?

3 fighters vs 3 Foxtrots. Each Fox sets speed to minimum, targets one fighter, and toggles one torpedo to not fire. Unpause until range is closed and first torpedo is fired. When the fighter rolls, pause and fire the second torpedo from that Foxtrot. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Single Foxtrot vs fighter is the first encounter in this video. 3 vs 3 is the same thing, just done more times.

You do have torpedoes equipped on your foxtrots, right? And I'm assuming this is in 19.7?

3 fighters vs 3 Foxtrots. Each Fox sets speed to minimum, targets one fighter, and toggles one torpedo to not fire. Unpause until range is closed and first torpedo is fired. When the fighter rolls, pause and fire the second torpedo from that Foxtrot. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Single Foxtrot vs fighter is the first encounter in this video. 3 vs 3 is the same thing, just done more times.

This is good to hear. I've been playing the Stable 18 as well, and have also been avoiding fights like these. Hopefully Stable 19 will be along soon so everyone will be caught up with all the updates.

This is in version 19.7, and the foxtrots have torpedoes. Maybe I am doing something wrong, but the alien fighters usually shoot FIRST, and since the foxtrots cannot dodge, they are hit. My flight is usually 2 foxtrots and one Condor.

You are doing something horribly wrong if Fighters shoot before Foxtrots, since Foxes have about twice their range (if equipped with Torpedoes).