the new hidden movement is truly weird

If you move the file "hiddenmovement_small.png" out of your Xenonauts directory

("C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Xenonauts\assets\gui\GroundCombat\hiddenmovement" default Steam directory)

it should disable the picture and allow you to see the action. That fix was suggested in another post and it worked very well for me. I just put the file on my desktop for the moment until hidden movement is fixed.

It is on the priority list of fixes, but Sergey has a lot on his plate right now.

If people want to help get this fixed as quickly as possible then there is a thread in the bugs forum asking people if they could post saved games demonstrating alien turn/hidden movement camera problems - but it's been up for 3 weeks and there's been 3 replies and no saved games. I cannot overstate how helpful it is to have saved games to demonstrate to Sergey what the problems are - I often cannot reproduce the issues people say they have, which probably means they are very specific.

Aaron - I honestly didn't realise there were supposed to be other camera bugs and, given the always-on hidden movement screen bug, I've not really been able to tell whether the camera is doing the right thing or not in any case.

Can I take from this that you would like people to be disabling that image so that they can help with debugging camera issues?

Not really, if you disable the hidden movement image you won't be able to tell when it is being displayed wrongly. Believe it or not I don't see the bug where it is apparently "always on", and haven't been able to reproduce that specifically (though I've seen other problems with it of course).

Oh - fair enough. I figured, since I've literally never had a moment when that image *isn't* displayed during the alien's turn and because I'd seen a lot of people post about it, that it was a general issue!

I will post a save game on the other thread. EDIT: Done.

[Hmm - to be clear, I meant 'always-on' during the alien's turn. Just in case it read like I was saying it was always there even when it wasn't the alien's turn]

Edited by kabill

Yeah, I've always had the image there; never has changed. Instead of disabling the image completely, I just used a transparent image with the words "Hidden Movement" on them, and the words have never disappeared (indicating the image never disappears either). Thus indicating that the issue stands.