[V19X Build 4 Steam - Ground Combat] - Game freezes during loading

Any time I shoot down a UFO (or one of the countries does it for me) and I send the dropship to start the battlescape, it takes me to the loading screen. It says it will take a while, but I've waited upwards to 30 minutes only to find out the game wasn't responding when I checked its status in the Task Manager.

I validated all the files to see if that would fix the problem, and it didn't.

I dumped the game onto an external hard drive to test this on another computer, and it worked. Loaded up the battlescape in about eight seconds, so whatever's causing the crash has to do with my operating system or something else that's specific to my type of computer.

This exact same thing is happening with me in the V18 stable build on Steam. I tried coming on the forum to report it but I got no response besides someone telling me I didn't type protocol correctly or something. But yeah, this has been happening since I got the game for me and it's really pissing me off. I sat there for at least two hours waiting for the game to load.

Blargh, do you know if you had stat tracking enabled (it's an option on the launcher) when you saw this crash? If stat tracking was enabled, could you try it again with it disabled this time? If anyone else experiencing this issue could try doing the same I would be interested to hear the results.

@squidyhendrix: Sorry you are finding it frustrating. We don't always respond directly to bug reports but Matthew does enter all the non-duplicate bugs people post into our internal bug tracking system. If it happens in future you can probably assume it has crashed after at most 5 minutes of loading.