Game keeps crashing

Have installed latest "stable" release and it keeps crashing. I have to say not happy about the fact this is a Steam release. I intensely dislike Steam as their games have proven unstable in the past. The US Better Business Bureau give them the lowest rating they offer an "F". Would be nice to get final version in non Steam format as it will no doubt be substantially more reliable.

The game crashes after loading saved games, not much more to it than that. This has, in may experience, been a problem with lots of Steam based games. I do not know if you have signed an agreement with them but many experienced gamers like myself "hate" them for this and other reasons, such as their unwillingness to address problems when the arise.

Its up to you whether you use them but speaking for myself I wont be buying into any more of your titles if you do. Its just not worth the aggravation.

I hate Steam too, its the devil.

But if you have updated drivers, reinstalled the game, ran a file check and so forth...not sure what to tell you.

The v18 seems to work rather well for most people. But like Thothkins said upload your save file, it could be very useful

Check your version. Steam might have 'helped you out' by uploading the latest version, and if that happened your save games are from v18 and your game is v19. Saved games do not work between versions due to various constraints. Removing the game and reloading v18 will allow you to play the game. Just make sure to toggle off the Steam auto-updates.