Trauma Kits [Saving those who would otherwise Die]

Wrath_IX

Ok, after looking through the suggested features section I found the discussion regarding Medkits and got it into my head to see if I could create a mod that adds a new item "Trauma Kit" to the game

Premise

Modify the game so that when a civilian/local force/Xenonaut is taken down/killed instead of dropping the corpse prop it instead drops a Wounded Prop which has a duration of a few rounds. During that time if a friendly unit uses the trauma kit on the square containing the wounded prop it would instead convert the Wounded Prop to a Stabilized Prop

At the end of ground combat any Wounded Props automatically convert to Corpse Props and Stabilized Props would get treated similar to Stunned Props for game mechanics.

the games internal mechanics should then be able to determine wounded time based on the remaining hit points which in this case would be 0 and thus would get the maximum wounded time allowable.

However I have run into obvious mechanical issues and would like to get some feed back from the Dev team

1) is the mechanic I am discussing possible without going into the source code of the game?

2) if so does the Props File allow for a duration variable? and a command to convert from one prop to another?

My guess is that much of this will end up being in the source code which would be frustrating but I would like to get some verification from the Dev's

well I am basing it on observation right now since I have not been able to isolate all the information that I need

I am thinking that part of what I need is in the source code which is really frustrating.

Part of the issue is that I need to be able to modify the line of code for civilians which dictates what prop drops when the target character is reduced to 0 or fewer HP. If I can redirect that to a different asset and use some of the same basic structure as say the flares which last for a limited time frame then I could in effect make it happen.

I mean i would settle for being able to convert the corpse prop to a stunned prop so the game would count those as saved at the end tally of the mission

I'm pretty sure that's locked away in the .exe. The only way I can see it working with the xmls as they are would be to make alien/human weapons cause marginally more stun damage than they did actual damage, so something would be stunned before it died, but would be on very low HP and likely to be bleeding, which would simulate trauma. Sort-of.