Custom Starting Base layout

Wrath_IX

Yeah, already checked there and have been going through all the likely files. did that before making this post. that is the issue, I am unable to find any file which defines the initial layout of the starting base, even checked the scripting section not there either.

Yes they Are.

I was Under the impression that base defense maps were generated based upon the actual base layout, so I thought it would be a good place to look. I had guessed that testbase.xml may have the starting base layout but Im bit busy atm so I dont have time to investigate properly

Edited by shooty

Sorry I was just guessing I havent looked at the game in about a year or so I think version 8 was the last I tried.

I keep downloading the new versions but havent been able to dig into it yet.

Anyways, If you figure it out I'd be interested to know as well.

I am driving myself nut with this, I have checked through likely files in scripting as well as the usual places and can not for the life of me find where the game pulls its default 1st base arrangement from. Can we get a Mod or Dev to shed some light on this?

Ok I think I have found something but have also run into a wall. as well.

I found a file called "__newGameSave__" this file appears to possibly contain the information regarding the default base layout however there is a problem.

I can not identify what file extension this file is and can not completely read the code in it instead I get snippets of surrounded by NUL black indicators which I normally only get if the file is a packaged machine code or read post compile.

Anyone know how to crack this file so I can see its contents and verify if it is what I am looking for or possibly determine if it might point me in the right direction?