Toby vs. Godzilla

I'm not even gonna pitch this to the Devs.... this is for you modders:

I will be your friend forever if you come up with some dog sprites. I think that having a canine XN on the team would be awesome. Sure, she can't use a weapon, but she can cover ground a lot faster than the human troops, and might even be able to suppress a low-level alien by clamping onto its firing hand or slow it down by biting its leg.

How many precious civilian children could be saved by intervention on behalf of the stalwart family dog? Oh, sure - the Pomeranian might not be of much help... but the family that keeps a faithful pit bull or breeds Dobermans may give the aliens a bit more than they bargained for.

*This message was brought to you by Dogmeat. Faithful to the end, I just have to mention this - for the sake of him and his pups.

In the 1980's dog's were not in common use in the forces apart from camp security, today they are mostly used for search (explosives and drugs) and rarely if ever used to detain in an offensive role. I for one wouldn't like to see them implemented, but if they were, then they should not be controllable and be fired at a target from the handler like a lazer guided land shark. As in reality once a dog is released it persues its target until the end result, dead dog or embedded teeth.