Aircraft Weapon Scaling

Hey!

Not sure if I'm somehow building in an unusual manner or whether this is already being addressed, but right now the aircraft weapon scaling feels a bit frustrating. One full barrage of tier 2 (Alenium) Missiles/Torpedoes seems to completely destroy anything less than Corsairs (or is it Landing Ships?) which prevents you from being able to make money/get alien resources from ground missions in order to build the tier 3 aircraft that can even somewhat stand up to tier 3 UFOs. I couldn't seem to go back and trade out Alenium weapons for Sidewinder/Avalanche (which may have been a bug), but even if I could it would have felt like a really bad solution.

I'd honestly really rather have more options in the dogfighting screen to control my rate of fire or intensity of aggression so I could choose how to fight the ships I encounter on the fly with either the intention of destroying them or forcing them to crash.

By "Heavy Bombers," do you guys mean Strike Cruisers? The one that's basically a Cruiser but with an odd curve at the bottom? I did always wonder why they never had a crash site.

If they were one big bomb... that'd be a heck of a Strike, all right.

We do need a better way of telling the player when they have shot down a non-crash site UFO what's happening. The simplest way is probably to show a popup message immediately after the air combat saying:

"

The following items were recovered from the crashed UFO:

1 x Bomber Datacore

20 x Alien Alloys

"

I'll put this on the my todo list.

Yeah that sounds good

By "Heavy Bombers," do you guys mean Strike Cruisers? The one that's basically a Cruiser but with an odd curve at the bottom? I did always wonder why they never had a crash site.

If they were one big bomb... that'd be a heck of a Strike, all right.

No the Heavy bomber comes after the strike cruiser, and it's a little smaller then a corvette if i recall.

Talking about strike cruisers.. what is that thing, it always seems to escape to space after i destroy it, do they not have a ground mission? What is their purpose? they seem so close to the cruiser, my first impression is I'd prefer to see dreadnoughts that are different over these imo

That's the one that's a huge bomb (Strike Cruiser). They don't have ground missions but they shouldn't escape to space after being destroyed. That's a bug.

What does this Heavy Bomber look like? Disc with a long spine sticking out the side?