[v18 STABLE (STEAM 30/5/2013) Geoscape] Funding decreases with mouse movement

Have a very strange bug with the geoscape with v18 STEAM, build 30/5/2013;

Whenever I move the mouse on the map, my funding for South Africa decreases.

I am not quite sure when this bug popped up- I saw it as early as a terror mission in Bogota appearing, but can't pin down what started it. I have two save files, one before and one after this started happening that I can provide.

It continues to decrease whenever the mouse is moving on the geoscape, even after the terror mission is complete. I have not seen- or at least noticed- this happen before.

Funding level change does not exceed original funding level, at least, so it doesn't infinitely keep sucking money away, though I can't imagine this bug being exclusive to South Africa, if it's reproducible.

Only sort of a bug. Long story short, there's an alien base hidden in South Africa. It happens whenever there's an alien base anywhere --something about the funding level update speed. Anyway, you can find the base by running patrols with planes, then assault it. It'll fix the bug.

Like Waladil said, you need to go find the Alien Base in south africa.

If you're not an X-Com veteran, you probably won't realize this is happening, because there is no information telling you so (it's in the works though). What happened is that a larger alien ship (landing ship, cruiser or up) constructed an alien base in the region, which is influencing the funding nation, causing you to lose standing and funding.

The way to find is, ideally, having radar coverage of the region. Less ideally but more realistically, you have to overfly it with aircraft for a while. Several times in a row, until you find the base. It helps to use your chinook for this because it has a lot of fuel to stay on site. I have a spare just for finding bases outside my radar range.

THEN, once the base is found, you can attack it. Capture the leader, grab a metric buttload of alloys and regain quite a bit of standing.