[v18.51HF3/Steam - Ground Combat] Game freezes on start of combat at insane dificulty

So yesterday i tried to play on Steam choosing insane difficulty. The game takes longer to load comparing to normal difficulty ( and much much longer than the desura version). Then i start a campaign and when i went for the first ground combat, the game shows all the the soldiers in the chinook, but the cursor which shows a circle on the ground doesn't show up ( the circle where your soldier is supposed to go if you click there). Music still plays but i can't choose or move any soldier.

I tried 2 times and it frooze both times on insane difficulty. Then i tried on normal and the game ran fine.

Edited by xcom

Ok, i checked again and it doesn't freeze, but it takes an insane amount of time for the cursor to appear, and then for the game to resolve the end-turn. Maybe is something with my computer, which is very old but still in the game minimum requisites. Core 2 duo 2.16ghz, 4 gb ram, win 7 sp1, 7200rpm hdd, geforce 570 amp.

Save file might help:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xvep03y36wbmg38/AutosaveIM2013-06-05_00.42.12.sav

I'm using the second latest nvidia drivers (314) because the newest (320) have problems. Unless the game is different graphically according to game difficulty, i don't think graphics are related to this issue, because as i said it only happens on insane difficulty on steam version. Even quitting the game on insane takes much longer.

Have you tried my save ? I will try the standalone later and the desura version if i can get desura to update my game (having problems with it updating to 18.51).

Thanks. I just tried with the standalone version and the problem persists, so it must not be Steam; I noticed that during the "freezes" (beginning of combat and end-turn) one of my cpu cores stays between 70% and 100 % usage all of the time. It must be some calculation or memory related operation that gets out-of-hand...something that is much more complex in insane mode, like the AI.

Edited by xcom