Aliens should hide, hold up, Barricade themselves in the UFO

I have recently started playing the beta, briefly 18.3 now 18.5, and whether it is bug or intended on crash sites most of the remaining aliens will run out of the crashed UFO into the open when my troops approach the UFO.

Now when I play the original xcom I have many fond memories of having to plan how to breach the ufos knowing aliens

were hiding inside waiting for me

I would have troops do stackups on the doors and use grenades of different kinds before rushing into the ufo; it was for me one of the tense moments on every ufo mission because of how dangerous entering them was.

Now after awhile I did learn that if you waited long enough the game let the aliens see you and they would come running out the door which could be easily exploited.

But I was just thinking it might be worth looking into maybe having some aliens stay inside and hide behind cover and

just plan to ambush you.

Currently in this build they ether run out at you or they sit at the end of the ufo in the open staring at the door or even worse staring at the other door.

I just want xenonauts to have fun but challenging UFO entries.

Note I have only played a month and a half into my current game so I have not gotten to the bigger ufos.

I am not sure how complex the UFO interior designs are, but from what I saw in the demo (Alpha) the three types (light scout, Scout and Corvette, were rather simple in design and not much tactical action could be seen there.

In the OG only the smallest vessel had single door with large open space, others had narrow corridors, multiple entry points to some rooms, and sometimes even multiple entry points to the UFO itself.

There is no rebounding of grenades, so you can't simulate properly the breaches. (for example tossing from safe spot a flashbang that would rebound from the walls into the assumed position of hostiles) I also do not know the exact mechanics of smoke (does it give you a considerable enough concealment that you can move through fairly safe to the interior/next room?)

I'd love to have exiting UFO breaches and interior combat (shotgun type weapons seem rather useless for now, APs for single shot seem to be same as assault rifle and if you start breach then assault rifle can go in burst mode, which is more effective IMO).

I'd love to get my hands on the latest beta, but apparently either I missed something or KS supporter cannot have the beta access.

I think the issue was they used to all wait by the door and the *fix* was for some of them to run outside while others take cover. Of course, the ones outside get hosed down by reaction fire if you planned ahead, so maybe not such a great fix.

Unfortunately that's only like for ufos large and bigger. even the mediums aren't that explorable and it's not like x-com where the ufos locations felt random within the ufo, but here there's an AI that tells them to go find good cover and such, which makes them appear in the same places many times.