Ground Combat

Hi all,

fist of all thanks for the great game. I just dld the game today so I might have overlooked some stuff.

Anyway, I'd like to ask some questions regarding ground combat

• is it planned to also add prone stance?
  • is it somehow possible to move crouched?
  • is there any reason to save TU at the end of the round. e.g. is reaction shot only occurring then? I loved the way JA2 handled this, allowing interruptions and spending TUs then. Is there something like that I didn't encounter yet?
  • how do I "secure" an UFO?

I also have one savegame (18.3 HF2) where my soldiers behave strange. I'm directly next to the enemy with 2 soldiers at the beginning of my round. Shooting the alien leads to shooting on the ground below my unit or worse the head of the my other unit. Not sure what's the issue there. You might check out the savegame posted on http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?x3giy0k2ddqpgbc

Thanks

1) Nope

2) Nope

3) Reaction shot is the only thing you can do with saved TUs.

4) Occupy several parts of a UFO for several turns. Easier just to kill everything.

5) Problems with accuracy and shot scattering. I'd suggest also reporting it as a bug as well as here.

I played now quite a while and was never able to secure an UFO. In every mission I even try to place at least one of my units inside the alien vessel before I kill the last enemy. Never secured one - my funding nations don't like that too much.

By wiping out the last alien you have succeeded in the mission. So, you shouldn't be missing out on anything from the funding nations. The last I checked the standing around for 5 turns at certain points in the UFO wasn't quite working. It's not something I bother doing, as a result,. so don't know if it;s in this current build.

By wiping out the last alien you have succeeded in the mission. So, you shouldn't be missing out on anything from the funding nations.

Just finished my first mission vs. a landed (rather than shot down) UFO. All good - I got the alloys/elerium and any surviving components that the aliens didn't manage to blow up as I was unloading from my dropship on the other side of the map. However, no points for securing the craft, so I got a "bad" rating for the mission.

EDIT: Ah, ignore this. Likely I bumped into the "no points for secured UFO if load occurred" bug.

Edited by Bromley86