Aliens shoot through their own spaceship with savegame file and total lockout issue

Hi just wanted to help a bit, the aliens shoot through their own craft and obliterate my soldiers in this save game:

http://www.filedropper.com/2013-04-19135535

Pretty sure thats not meant to happen.

I also have another issue where the game locks me out of performing any tasks with my soldiers on the combat field. The problem only appears during the "alien movement" part of the game and doesn't seem to be repeatable from my loads and reloads. To give a more accurate description, the game doesnt freeze ie the mouse works fine, I can hover over my soldiers and the cursors turn green, the only problem is I cant use them ie click on them and perform tasks. Also the escape button goes totally out of commission and I have to alt+f4 and reload the game from my previous save.

Any help on the latter would be great as I've had this issue 3 times and I've only completed 3 or 4 ufo missions thus far.

I'm using a copy bought from desura yesterday so its all up to date. If I manage to get a repeatable save file ill upload it on a new thread. Thanks in advance

No, in all honesty I noticed on the news feed on desura about the hotfix and assumed it had already been compiled with the game, my bad :) Ill download it and install now thanks for that one!

I also noticed that when trying to hold the UFO for 5 turns like mentioned in the preview to the comabt zone it also doesnt work, ive tried shimmying my guys around and holding for 5 turns and putting everyone in the ufo also doesnt seem to work, any idea if the hotfix sorts that out?

And is there any way to see into the UFO as im blind as hell at the moment with the roof on/roof off button not working inside of the scout style UFO's :(

Thanks again!

Uh, hmm. I dunno if the "hold UFO" victory condition even works at the moment. I usually just kill them all, with the UFO being the last place I look. I've never tried it regardless.

Scout roof: Hotfix 2 should fix that. Its caused by loading a ground combat save game I think. You still don't get the 100 points for securing the ufo at the end though, but it should let you see inside even after loading a save.

OK both duly noted thanks for that :)

Another small thing Ive noticed since starting a new game with hotfix 2 is when I try to use grenades of any type on the battlefield they dont seem to equip for use. As far as I can tell if I give a solider the maximum number of items on their belt they can no longer use the items on the battlefield, is this a common problem?

With the grenade picture? That's a quickslot and lets you use them without going into the inventory (the grenade throwing reticule will open for use. You can also right-click it to choose which grenade is in the quickslot.

Otherwise, I have no idea what's going on. I haven't had that problem (but I usually use the quickslot).

The issue only seems to arise when the belt is totally full, otherwise everything works as normal, ill try your method though as it sounds much quicker and simpler :)

Hope Chris gets this all wrapped up soon it could be a great game with all the little niggles out of the way, and some more info on the choices for research etc

Hotfix 2 seems much more stable and havent had a game resetting issue yet

Many thanks again, happy playing!

Ah, have you downloaded and installed Hotfix 2? That should fix the shooting through the UFO, and possibly the other one.

Or wait a couple days for the next update.

I'm running with hotfix 2 and I have these very same issues as well.

Its as if the alien ship is not really there, just appears to be.

Uh, hmm. I dunno if the "hold UFO" victory condition even works at the moment. I usually just kill them all, with the UFO being the last place I look. I've never tried it regardless.

Scout roof: Hotfix 2 should fix that. Its caused by loading a ground combat save game I think. You still don't get the 100 points for securing the ufo at the end though, but it should let you see inside even after loading a save.

You keep referring to hotfix 2 here, and I have seen others do the same.

I have the exact same issues here as the OP has and I installed the game only 2-3 days ago.

If this hotfix 2 is supposed to fix all these issues, then either I dont have it even though I should, or its not working as it was intended to.

I'm running with hotfix 2 and I have these very same issues as well.

Its as if the alien ship is not really there, just appears to be.

You keep referring to hotfix 2 here, and I have seen others do the same.

I have the exact same issues here as the OP has and I installed the game only 2-3 days ago.

If this hotfix 2 is supposed to fix all these issues, then either I dont have it even though I should, or its not working as it was intended to.

Yes I can confirm hotfix 2 sorts most of the issues out, only leaving the amazingly annoying strip soldiers who were injured of their gear bug left to squash. At the moment I have over half a team running around attacking aliens with nothing other than scary looks and phallic symbols due to that bug and my imagination... :( Bugger

After some investigating it turns out I didnt have hotfix 2 installed.

I thought that was part of the installation of the game and not a separate install.

I have it installed now and it fixed all those annoying bugs, was a real pain doing any sort of mission when the aliens could shoot at me, but I could not return fire because the were hissing inside their ship.

That strip when injured bug is a real pain too yeah, and it seems to me that sometimes soldiers who were injured, but not enough to be taken off the ship, get stripped of everything when they return to base like they do when healed of injuries.

I lost most my equipment because of that, and only some very careful handling of the situation and selling of some alien tech, got me enough resources to be able to manufacture most of it again.