[V8.41 - Geoscape] Laser Weapnry Research does not unlock

Greetings new pre-order owner and first time poster but long time lurker.

Been playing this game for the last couple of days.

I was getting really annoyed being stuck without any research topics popping up after researching alien navigation.

So I decided to check the researches_master.xml file, apparently I need to research Alien Plasma Technology, Alien Power Source and Alenium to get the Laser Weaponry topic.

image4.png

I double checked my xenopedia and confirmed that I have researched all three required topics.

image3xkx.png

I was wondering if this is an actual bug or something newly coded into the game that requires additional research?

BTW to all Chris and Goldhawk Interactive employees, this is a great game, can't wait to play the full game and relive the endless nights of playing UFO Enemy Unknown and Terror From the Deep.

Welcome to the forums, glad you like the game. You should open that file in Excel rather than Wordpad. It's a spreadsheet and much easier to read that way. In V8.41 it should unlock with those three technologies plus Alien Alloy Fabrication, which requires Alien Alloys and Alienium. That should unlock both the Wolf armour and the laser weaponry.

Welcome to the forums, glad you like the game. You should open that file in Excel rather than Wordpad. It's a spreadsheet and much easier to read that way. In V8.41 it should unlock with those three technologies plus Alien Alloy Fabrication, which requires Alien Alloys and Alienium. That should unlock both the Wolf armour and the laser weaponry.

Chris,

I regret to say that I have researched Alien Alloy Fabrication as per the image attached in my first post. Now I am really perplexed as I do not have the Wolf Armour and Laser Weaponry topics to research.