[V18 Hotfix - Combat - Standalone] Medikit 5TU/1HP, not healing wounds

I originally included this in a multibug post for V17.91 (http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/4324-17-91-Ground-Geoscape-Standalone-Multiple-bugs-%28Load-Game-Grenades-Med-kit%29).

I have done some more testing in V18 based on Mathew's questions in that thread. I have tested with various combinations of kneeling and at angle as well as standing side by side and can recreate the issue in any state. It seems more related to TUs remaining/movement than specific position. I have had 2HP options come up with 6TUs and 8TUs with around 30TUs remaining and as remaining TUs drop to lower 20s it changes to 5TU/1HP. I can recreate the issue by having a unit that is already standing next to the wounded unit use TUs by turning and keep checking the medikit after each turn, or just turn until I'm around 30 TUs.

Units at a distance also can show 1HP, though also not showing a clear sign of why. It doesn't seem to be distance as farther units were fine before causing it by moving. Some units can be showing normal HP while others are showing 1HP.

As long as I have enough TUs to move from 1 non-angled side of the wounded unit to another, it reverts to working as normal in all of my tests, so far. Moving away and back to the same tile does not fix it, only if you are now on a different side of the unit.

Edited by dragond81
Clarify work around

So the issue is that the first cursor option is 1HP for 5TU rather than 5HP for 9TU? If so then that'll definitely happen if your units have 6TUs or 8 TUs as they don't have enough TU to do that 9TU option.

If it's happening with the soldier having more than 9TU then it's a bit of an issue, unless the extra TU are going to be consumed moving to the target in order to heal him. Do you have any reproduction steps for getting this to occur above 9TU in the soldier with the medikit?

Sorry I wasn't clear. Let me rephrase the statement:

I have had 2HP options come up with 6TUs and 8TUs with around 30TUs remaining and as remaining TUs drop to lower 20s it changes to 5TU/1HP.

Should probably be:

I have had 2HP options come up with COSTS OF 6TUs and 8TUs with THE UNIT HAVING around 30TUs remaining and as THE UNIT'S remaining TUs drop to lower 20s THE USE COST changes to 5TU/1HP.

So, in summary of the key points, the issue occurs when the unit with the medikit has more than 10TUs remaining and is standing next to the injured unit and facing it. With less than 9TUs remaining I see this as likely to be intentional behavior. The problem is when my unit has enough TUs to heal the wound but is unable to do so due to the cursor only offering 1HP for 5TUs.

Easiest reproduction steps would be the above mentioned turning in circles to use TUs and checking TU cost to use each time you are facing the injured unit. By the time I'm down around 20 TUs remaining for the unit I've almost always had the issue show itself. For testing I setup 2 units side by side and shoot one of them (though the issue can show up testing on uninjured units as well), and then have the unit with the medikit try various things until the cursor shows 5TU/1HP cost, while they still have over 10 TUs remaining. The turning in circles has worked in my recent tests, but I have also done kneeling/standing up and trying from an angle and caused the issue to occur. Since the base cost for the medikit is 9TUs, once the unit with the medikit is under that I move on to another unit.

Since this was originally in another post I'll add in a summary of the key issues here as well. The 2 main issues are that when it switches to 5TU/1HP it will not heal wounds and that it only uses 1TU, not the 5TUs listed. It will not allow you to use the medikit if your unit has less than 5TUs remaining, but even at 5TUs remaining it will just drop you down to 4TUs remaining . Right clicking also will not allow you to change the # of TUs/HP, even if you have enough.

I think I may have found the cause for this. It seems like it is related to Reserved TUs.

Rifle in hand. Reserved TUs set (Snap shot). Put rifle in backpack and put medikit in hand, without removing reserved TUs. It looks like the calculation for the medikit is being based on the number of TUs left above those reserved for the no longer equipped rifle.

I have also noticed when unequipping a weapon after setting reserved TUs and then moving it will still show the reserved TUs and not move beyond. Clicking on 'None' for reserved TUs clears it. Clearing the reserved TUs also fixed the 1HP for 5TUs showing up when I still had over 20TUs remaining in my latest battle.