[v17.91 - Standalone - Ground Combat] Aliens appear to be shooting throu all Objects

So I have this snow mission and almost from the start the aliens are shooting me from a LONG way away and through all buildings. I have soldiers behind a building and yet aliens shoot through it without breaking walls or glass.

I wonder if this is due to the texture bug reported as many objects have black textures which makes me wonder if those objects are even being registered for Alien firing?

It is from point when I'm almost at the building, you can see the screenshot to how far I got in the texture issue thread. The Aliens did hit the walls sometimes but there were plenty when they went through them without hitting them from VERY far away (UFO entrance)

The aliens where NOT on the roof but outside infront of UFO doorway. It appeared to be night mission and I know for a fact that the two at the UFO did not have line of sight but still shot at me anyway (hit my men couple times behind the main building).

Screenshot for reference of location.

Xenonauts%202013-03-24%2009-54-27-85.jpg

I am having much the same problem - just lost a whole squad to aliens inside a crashed Scout shooting out through both closed doors and the hull. When they do so their shots (and I am guessing LoS) go through all other objects in the map like buildings and cover.

Oddly I managed to get one guy close enough to the doors and when within a few squares of the closed doors he was able to see the aliens inside, but I couldn't remove the 'roof' of the crashed Scout to actually see them myself. Ghosting the cursor over the inside did let me target them and exchange a few shots through the closed doors before they got me.