Build V17.6 Soldier Role Crash

I don't know if anyone else is experiencing the same problem but this has been for me since V15.

In regards to the soldier roles, where you can allocate equipment loadouts for your soldier. Changing to the presets and changing the equipment of said presets has no problems what so ever.

However whenever I try to create a new role to give more diversity to my team it crashes an exits to desktop everytime.

Commando, Sniper, Assault, Heavy and Rifleman work fine, but I would like to make a Medic and Demolitions loadout, shame I can't.

I just now discovered that problem, using the Desura client.

I'm using the standalone version, haven't run into that even once. Chris mentioned something about a hotfix for the desura version(it has some bugs the standalone version does not have, because of the archiving).

I've certainly had a few, let's say frustrated moments with the updateable version. When it has worked it's been great. but it's only worked twice, with some tweaking in umpteen builds for me, so I don't go near it now. The standalone, for me, is the only stable way to get all those Xenonaut files, without something freezing.

• 3 weeks later...

edit: latest stand alone version

1) I'm getting the CTD when trying to equip my custom Assault loudout. Was working fine when I started the game but now it always crash.

2) When I try to equipe the other loadouts with laser weapons it displays a message "#####" and the weapon disapear. I don't have more in the storeroom and the quantity there remains zero. I have an extra laser battery in the loadout and the same behaviour occurs, only this time I have some batteries in the storeroom and the quantity is subtracted by 1 everytime I equip the loadout, even if the soldier already have one in the backpack.

3) While I was writing this I noticed that if I unequip one laser weapon it goes to the storeroom correctly and increases one in the quantity but when I reequip it it's not subtracting, basically giving me an infinite amount of weapons and grenades. Laser battery works normally.

the savegame:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ym6eer0llm0khok/2013-03-05_14.19.50.sav.zip?m

I can reproduce it every time, if my text is not clear I can try to explain it better.