[Suggestion] Civilian/Soldier Interaction

So I was watching a couple youtubers play through the game, and oddly enough they both said the same thing.

"I wish I could tell civilians to move out of the way" or "I wish I could tell them to go to the dropship"

So what if there was a right click interaction your soldiers could do with civilians that'd make them flee on their turn?
You could display a message about the civilian being told to retreat, and internally you could force them to do the flee version of panic, assuming fleeing forces them to path away from any aliens/cleaners.

As it stands the civilians feel more like bait or human shields rather than actual people you're meant to protect, so adding this interaction would go a long way to give them a bit more life.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Azzy said:

people you're meant to protect, so adding this interaction would go a long way to give them a bit more life.

I were suggesting the same thing few months ago.

There is a game mechanic, soldier interacts with a PC to retrieve a data stick.

Use the same game mechanic to open a simple dialog with civilian. Dialog offers:

1. stop movement

2. go to chopper

3. fallow me

4. do as you like ( reset to default behaviour )

This way, player gets a feeling he can interact with enviroment to a point where result of the mission "number of saved civilians" is not pure random coin toss, but rather result of his own effort.

• Like 1