Would be cool to have a bit more in-depth story and mission variety with some interesting characters.

Its not fair to compare it with Xcom2 which had 100x the budget, but it would be nice to have the ability to save and recruit some unique characters, have more story missions with boss fights etc.

I mean, its good for one run, but not much in terms of replayability currently.

6 hours ago, xnaout said:

Would be cool to have a bit more in-depth story and mission variety with some interesting characters.

Its not fair to compare it with Xcom2 which had 100x the budget, but it would be nice to have the ability to save and recruit some unique characters, have more story missions with boss fights etc.

I mean, its good for one run, but not much in terms of replayability currently.

The XCOM2 comparison is also a bit misleading because it was actually pretty dull on release - they added most of the fun stuff you're talking about in the expansion or in DLCs. And as I said in the other thread, you can be a bit more creative in DLC content because players can opt-in to it rather than it being compulsory for everyone.

I thought the Chosen (and to a lesser extent the alien leader) boss fights were a really cool addition to XCOM2, but personally I'm not a fan of the story expansions. To me they hurt replayability rather than help it - they were generally static maps, whereas other missions and the boss fights all played out differently on a second or third playthrough because so much of the game is randomly generated. I found story content fine for the first playthrough, then it became really repetitive - even cool missions like the Chryssalid mission in the XCOM1 expansion.

To some extent the replayability of X2 is going to come down to how much you like the minute-to-minute gameplay, right? Story is only ever good for the first playthrough, and after that it's just down to how much you enjoy fighting tactical battles. Which is why we've been concentrating on adding many more types of tactical mission to the game, etc.

• Like 1