Game not launching anymore

So, I've played xenonauts 2 a lot least year, and then let it rest a bit to wait for updates. In the meantime, I got myself a new computer and now I find that the game doesn't start anymore either from Steam or directly clicking the exe file.

The game launches, I get the chopper splash screen loading the main menu, but it's stuck at 0% and nothing happens, the game hangs. It doesn't even quit from steam properly, even if I close it through the task manager Steam thinks it's still running. I have to restart to get clear - really tedious.

I've tried doing a reinstall, I've also tried manually deleting the game, I have two drives, I've tried running the game from both. Still no Idea what's wrong.

Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzeb 9 7900, GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800, 32 GB RAM

Could someone please help me out a bit here? Thanks a lot!

Edited by Trophallaxis

7 hours ago, Trophallaxis said:

So, I've played xenonauts 2 a lot least year, and then let it rest a bit to wait for updates. In the meantime, I got myself a new computer and now I find that the game doesn't start anymore either from Steam or directly clicking the exe file.

The game launches, I get the chopper splash screen loading the main menu, but it's stuck at 0% and nothing happens, the game hangs. It doesn't even quit from steam properly, even if I close it through the task manager Steam thinks it's still running. I have to restart to get clear - really tedious.

I've tried doing a reinstall, I've also tried manually deleting the game, I have two drives, I've tried running the game from both. Still no Idea what's wrong.

Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzeb 9 7900, GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800, 32 GB RAM

Could someone please help me out a bit here? Thanks a lot!

Thanks for letting us know. It's likely to be some complication with the recent upgrade to Unity 2022, I'd guess. We fixed a couple of related bugs in the 3.3.0 update a couple of days back but if you're still experiencing it now then obviously we've missed some other examples of it.

Could you please switch to the Experimental branch and see if you're still experiencing the issue? Instructions on how to change here.

If so, then can you send us over some information? Firstly, check if the game is producing any output.log files. Details on how to find them here.

Can you also grab the file from here: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Goldhawk Interactive\Xenonauts 2\Player.log

That should hopefully give us some idea of what the issue is. Probably best to email me those files at chris@xenonauts.com so I don't miss them.