[V3.0.5 - Ground Combat] CTD by shift+ctrl aiming

• Description:
    Repeatable CTD enforced when repeatably aiming over target while holding shift+ctrl keys and then shifting off target.
  • What Happened: 
    20240213235031_1.thumb.jpg.97b314e408efc08b614486288763fc62.jpg
  • Further information:
    Repro steps:
    - move ShieldGuy "COL. H T D3" 2 tiles forward (towards the UFO) in order to reveal the target (Psyon)
    - set a destination from which the Sniper "COL. M P S2" could fire at the target accuratly (by single left click) [provided PrintScreen should clarify]
    - hold shift in order to preview a shot from destinated position, aim over the Target and it's surroundings [doing that so far didn't cause a crash at my end]
    - then add holding ctrl (shift+ctrl) while aiming at the target and its surroundings
    - in my attempts to reproduce this CTD I had to repeatadly add and remove ctrl to holding shift while aiming over target and shifting off of it.

output.log auto_groundcombat_turn_5_start-1399.json

9 hours ago, Von_Emmy said:
  • Description:
    Repeatable CTD enforced when repeatably aiming over target while holding shift+ctrl keys and then shifting off target.
  • What Happened: 
    20240213235031_1.thumb.jpg.97b314e408efc08b614486288763fc62.jpg
  • Further information:
    Repro steps:
    - move ShieldGuy "COL. H T D3" 2 tiles forward (towards the UFO) in order to reveal the target (Psyon)
    - set a destination from which the Sniper "COL. M P S2" could fire at the target accuratly (by single left click) [provided PrintScreen should clarify]
    - hold shift in order to preview a shot from destinated position, aim over the Target and it's surroundings [doing that so far didn't cause a crash at my end]
    - then add holding ctrl (shift+ctrl) while aiming at the target and its surroundings
    - in my attempts to reproduce this CTD I had to repeatadly add and remove ctrl to holding shift while aiming over target and shifting off of it.

output.log 2.48 MB · 0 downloads auto_groundcombat_turn_5_start-1399.json 3.34 MB · 1 download

Thanks for providing very detailed info + logs & saves, this'll help us a lot!

I'm adding this to here, because it seems related:

I just had another "shift+ctrl aiming CTD", this time with the ARES on build v3.0.6.
I'm not going to try to reproduce this, yet. But I'll keep a save in case you ask me to.
So, let me know If you need saves and repro steps for this one, otherwise I'll just leave you with the output.log