Head scientist dialog

I would prefer the head scientist to give some useful and game-play related tips instead of his snarky, useless commentary he currently has. He could give some opinions how to proceed and what the player might want to research next. Tips could be vague and even unhelpful, but it would still make more sense and make the unnecessary speech bubble have some reason to exist.

Same with the workshop dude too, of course.

Edited by Skitso
  • Like 2

I do not think this is a good idea.

X1 had a funny ending text, and it was funny primarily because the scientist was the one who delivered it. All his prior dialogue built him up for that climactic delivery.

Sure, his high horse remarks are sometime annoying, but If a rando character would have said it out of nowhere the humor would not have worked.

I say keep the scientist as he is.

Edited by ovoron

1 hour ago, ovoron said:

I do not think this is a good idea.

X1 had a funny ending text, and it was funny primarily because the scientist was the one who delivered it. All his prior dialogue built him up for that climactic delivery.

Sure, his high horse remarks are sometime annoying, but If a rando character would have said it out of nowhere the humor would not have worked.

I say keep the scientist as he is.

Well yeah, his character is perfect and funny - I don't want to change that. I just think he could say something useful (within his character) in his speech bubble instead of "the door was closed for as reason".

Edited by Skitso

I agree. Currently I always skip these dialogues, as I don't even want to watch them (not even saying about reading). If these would provide some useful clues/tips of how I should proceed next, then it would be useful to read them. I know, there are players who likes "lore", I don't. Sometimes I read descriptions to see what interesting idea developers had about sci-fi technology, but mostly I skip them, because I just don't enjoy stories. However, there are many players, and those dialogues may be in theirs liking, so, whatever it is. I don't mind how it is now, but would be useful if these contains nowhere else found tips, at least sometimes.

I like the Dialogs, they bring life in the Game. Some could be better, there I agree.

If you look to similar Games of that Gerne the only one with similar Dialogs are the complete new XCOM-Series (Bureau as Beginning over Enemy Unknown / Enemy Within to Chimera Squad) and with an complete different Storyline Phoenix Point.

Short said: There are only 3 Games of that Gerne which have such Dialogs. All others have nothing of that or only the 08/15 summary in the UFO-Pedia or how it get called.