Melee Weapons

I know the knife is a bit of a joke but maybe adding some melee options would add some variety. For starters melee weapons could have flat TU costs instead of percentage based ones to allow high TU soldiers to really use them effectively in combination with their higher movement, and there could be higher upgraded tiers of melee weapons.

A balistic weapon is essentially a catapult that throws knives at the enemy with much greater force and much greater distance than a person is able to do it with his hands.

I see the point of hand-to-hand combat only in preventing the enemy from firing a plasma cannon at the player's soldiers. Hand-to-hand combat should have a "suppression" effect so that the enemy loses the ability to use any other weapon except melee.

9 hours ago, Goldminermac said:

I know the knife is a bit of a joke but maybe adding some melee options would add some variety. For starters melee weapons could have flat TU costs instead of percentage based ones to allow high TU soldiers to really use them effectively in combination with their higher movement, and there could be higher upgraded tiers of melee weapons.

Yes, the knife should be lighter and also should be possible to throw it at enemies.

Melee attacks with hands and legs would be also a nice touch for the human player, as the enemies already can attack with their claws, so human soldiers should have the possibility too, for stun effect at least.

On 9/24/2023 at 8:31 AM, Jorlem said:

And maybe a free automatic reaction attack if they try to move away from melee range?

I believe that one of the goals of hand-to-hand combat should be to block the enemy's weapons or completely disarm the enemy. Also, none of the participants in hand-to-hand combat can withdraw from hand-to-hand combat until one of the participants in hand-to-hand combat is destroyed or stunned.

I would suggest an option in which hand-to-hand combat is fully automated (the actions of both opponents are controlled by artificial intelligence). Only one can come out of hand-to-hand combat capable.