Milestone 1.31 build 12036172 Ground Combat bug report. Screen blacks out.

Updated to the latest 1.31 build. In ground combat, screen keeps crashing to black, esp when firing through smoke, or throwing smoke grenades. But, I can still see the tool bars etc, just not what is actually happening. Can save and reload and graphics will restore but it crashed back to black as soon as I start shooting anything. How can I uninstall 1.31? Everything was working before.

OH YES, the game keeps adding an Iron Man campaign save game. I'm playing on the easiest setting, not Iron man.

see crash logs

crash.dmp error.log output_log.txt

On 8/26/2023 at 12:42 PM, kimdownunder said:

Updated to the latest 1.31 build. In ground combat, screen keeps crashing to black, esp when firing through smoke, or throwing smoke grenades. But, I can still see the tool bars etc, just not what is actually happening. Can save and reload and graphics will restore but it crashed back to black as soon as I start shooting anything. How can I uninstall 1.31? Everything was working before.

OH YES, the game keeps adding an Iron Man campaign save game. I'm playing on the easiest setting, not Iron man.

see crash logs

crash.dmp 250.58 kB · 0 downloads error.log 30.4 kB · 0 downloads output_log.txt 64.36 kB · 0 downloads

You can change to the legacy branch if you want to switch back to 1.30. But before you do that, two things:

1) Can you please attach the output_log and saves from the directory mentioned in the sticky thread at the top of the forum? The ones you've attached there look like the Unity logs, which aren't the ones we need.

2) Can you try going to the game options and disabling "camera shake" and see if that corrects the problem?