[1.30] Ground combat - Keyboard not working properly

thixotrop

Played a couple of ground combat mission (on Steam).

In 3 of 5 combats and when it is loaded the very first time, the keyboard doesn't work properly in different ways:

• Only WASD works and nothing else.
    It is not possible to click any buttons by mouse.
    ESC doens't work. Cannot move soldiers.
    ALT+F4 is the only option.
    After restarting the game and loading the save game of missions first turn, all is normal again. Tried that a couple of times always works then.
  • On another mission the QE works but nothing else again. ALT+F4, retart reload, back to normal.
  • And on another TAB for soldier change works but nothing else. ALT+F4....yes

Alt-Tabbing out of the game is also not possible then.

Pretty annoying.

So I could offer saves, but I don't know if is possible to recreate this effect.

My guess is the initial creating process of the map, the loooong loading bar which stutters and stops occasionally, causes this. When the map is saved it is just loaded and not created?

On 8/12/2023 at 12:17 AM, thixotrop said:

Played a couple of ground combat mission (on Steam).

In 3 of 5 combats and when it is loaded the very first time, the keyboard doesn't work properly in different ways:

• Only WASD works and nothing else.
    It is not possible to click any buttons by mouse.
    ESC doens't work. Cannot move soldiers.
    ALT+F4 is the only option.
    After restarting the game and loading the save game of missions first turn, all is normal again. Tried that a couple of times always works then.
  • On another mission the QE works but nothing else again. ALT+F4, retart reload, back to normal.
  • And on another TAB for soldier change works but nothing else. ALT+F4....yes

Alt-Tabbing out of the game is also not possible then.

Pretty annoying.

So I could offer saves, but I don't know if is possible to recreate this effect.

My guess is the initial creating process of the map, the loooong loading bar which stutters and stops occasionally, causes this. When the map is saved it is just loaded and not created?

I really don't know how we can debug this, unfortunately - I've not seen it reported by anyone else and without some way to dial into your PC it seems impossible to see what's going wrong.

If anyone else has the same issue then please post in here and maybe we can try and spot common threads.

It happend to me quite often for a while, but recently I haven't seen this anymore.

I write it off as an odd occurance...maybe because the game proceeded over a couple of patches and one fixed it in any way.

If it comes back I post here again.

Thanks for your answer Chris.