Game Text - Forever getting smaller

Tyron

To whom it may concern,

As of late I have found that many of the games I used to play (since the 90's) are becoming un-playable.

Newer video cards, Higher Resolutions, and old age seem to be constantly causing issues with game text size. I have found that others have similiar issues as well.

I have looked amongst the modding forum in hopes to find out if there are plans to implement text options in the game. More precisely I am speaking of the option to increase the size of the text within the game.

An example of a game that comes to mind that has text issues would be Civ4. The text while not too small becomes taxing on the eyes after a while.

Would it be possible to include a text size option in the game? Or maybe have a seperate file with all the text in it which could be modified to increase the font size of all text?

Thanks in advance for your help

Tyron

>

Thanks everyone for your answer. I will look to photoshop.

Edited by Tyron

Gauddlike - anything painted or with a rounded edge (ie. all of the speech bubbles and the clipboards) is done with images rather than in-game colouring. So an alternate UI isn't really possible, no.

For me it's sound more like(so far as most of ui is bitmap) "alternative ui can be easly done without need to change code(ie involving developers)". Not this way as Gauddlike want, but looks already possible.

Add:

Ah well just have to get the images into photoshop and alter them on their own

Yea, this

Edited by zzz1010