[V1.26 - Air Combat] Autoresolve results in guarantied loss of all aircrafts. Yet manual, without even touching anything is a win.

My three Phantoms attack Abductor. One Phantom is equipped with two Fusion Torpedoes, the other two have Fusion Missile and Laser Lance. If I choose autoresolve it`s always results in loss of all three of my phantoms. Yet, if I fight manually, without even touching anything it`s always a win. It`s a first time I have encountered such behavior.

And if add minor manual involvement, like firing torpedoes first, then releasing missiles - outcome is significantly better in terms of hull integrity of my air crafts. I suppose, auto battle script should consider sending armor shredding torpedoes first.

auto_strategy_before_intercept-89.json

Edited by Vojevoda
  • Like 1

• Vojevoda changed the title to [V1.26 - Air Combat] Autoresolve results in guarantied loss of all aircrafts. Yet manual, without even touching anything is a win.

That´s not an Bug, it´s an Featurecontent to use manually fight, where you can take controll over your Fighters. Automatic is not the best Option, there the AI uses the best AI Fighting-Procedure. With the lighter UFOs your Fighters will win, with the bigger UFOs the UFOs will win. 

On 7/26/2023 at 2:31 PM, Alienkiller said:

That´s not an Bug, it´s an Featurecontent to use manually fight, where you can take controll over your Fighters. Automatic is not the best Option, there the AI uses the best AI Fighting-Procedure. With the lighter UFOs your Fighters will win, with the bigger UFOs the UFOs will win. 

But again. If I start manual, and touch absolutely no button except for pause, result is always a win. That is the bug part. Autoresolve script is working in some very weird way.

On 7/26/2023 at 8:21 AM, Vojevoda said:

My three Phantoms attack Abductor. One Phantom is equipped with two Fusion Torpedoes, the other two have Fusion Missile and Laser Lance. If I choose autoresolve it`s always results in loss of all three of my phantoms. Yet, if I fight manually, without even touching anything it`s always a win. It`s a first time I have encountered such behavior.

And if add minor manual involvement, like firing torpedoes first, then releasing missiles - outcome is significantly better in terms of hull integrity of my air crafts. I suppose, auto battle script should consider sending armor shredding torpedoes first.

auto_strategy_before_intercept-89.json 835.6 kB · 1 download

I can confirm something really weird going on here, I loaded this save several times (EDIT: on version 1.28 experimental) with random seeds and autoresolve indeed loses all 3 craft every single time with not a single weapon fired (says 1/1 weapons on all the dead fighters, is that really what that means here?), while manual wins it easily no matter what I did or didn't do.

I even ran one battle with the fusion-equipped fighter on "hold fire" on both missiles so it was just flying and not shooting at the UFO at all and the battle was still a win with a bit dinged up armor without any further input from me.

And lastly I even a run where I disabled all missiles on all fighters, so it was just the 2 fighters with their Laser Lances fighting and that battle was also won, even though 1 fighter died this time, without any further input from me.

I think we all realize air combat is in a basic shape right now, but I thought autoresolve is just a sped-up version of a no-player-input battle?

Edited by bifohe6676

On 7/26/2023 at 7:21 AM, Vojevoda said:

auto_strategy_before_intercept-89.json 835.6 kB · 1 download

On 7/28/2023 at 12:46 PM, bifohe6676 said:

I can confirm something really weird going on here, I loaded this save several times (EDIT: on version 1.28 experimental) with random seeds and autoresolve indeed loses all 3 craft every single time with not a single weapon fired (says 1/1 weapons on all the dead fighters, is that really what that means here?), while manual wins it easily no matter what I did or didn't do.

I even ran one battle with the fusion-equipped fighter on "hold fire" on both missiles so it was just flying and not shooting at the UFO at all and the battle was still a win with a bit dinged up armor without any further input from me.

And lastly I even a run where I disabled all missiles on all fighters, so it was just the 2 fighters with their Laser Lances fighting and that battle was also won, even though 1 fighter died this time, without any further input from me.

I think we all realize air combat is in a basic shape right now, but I thought autoresolve is just a sped-up version of a no-player-input battle?

Thanks. Yeah, this is a bug - I'm not sure why, but the torpedoes aren't firing in autoresolve. We'll take a look.

• Like 2