[1.12] CTD after tutorial misson

11 hours ago, Behemoth said:

output_log.txtCompleted tutorial combat, after popup indicating 'tutorial is complete and am now ready to take on the alien invasion', game crashed to desktop with no error messages.

Thanks. This is a really strange issue - the tutorial completes fine for me. Can you reproduce the issue if you play the tutorial again?

If so, it might be worth doing a hard reinstall where you delete your entire game directory and reinstall the game after that. The errors make it seem like you might have some outdated files in your install directory.

Okay, did a clean install (uninstalled from GOG galaxy and also manually deleted folders using explorer in main install location and in docs/my games/xenonaunts 2/).  Have no mods installed.

Managed to reproduce the CTD upon completion of tutorial - will run through every step I did to reproduce.

1. After booting game, under settings, only change was to make camera free rotate.

2. Clicked on New Game, Veteran difficulty, disabled Introduction checkbox.  Made no other changes to campaign options.

3. It then brings up the Confirm Tutorial box and clicked on play tutorial.

4.  Followed Tutorial instructions, upon completion of tutorial when all soliders finish moving to evacuate after cleaner counter attack, then the CTD occurs.

Could this CTD be becuase of saying no to introduction, but yes to tutorial?

Dave

output_log.txt

1 hour ago, Behemoth said:

Okay, did a clean install (uninstalled from GOG galaxy and also manually deleted folders using explorer in main install location and in docs/my games/xenonaunts 2/).  Have no mods installed.

Managed to reproduce the CTD upon completion of tutorial - will run through every step I did to reproduce.

1. After booting game, under settings, only change was to make camera free rotate.

2. Clicked on New Game, Veteran difficulty, disabled Introduction checkbox.  Made no other changes to campaign options.

3. It then brings up the Confirm Tutorial box and clicked on play tutorial.

4.  Followed Tutorial instructions, upon completion of tutorial when all soliders finish moving to evacuate after cleaner counter attack, then the CTD occurs.

Could this CTD be becuase of saying no to introduction, but yes to tutorial?

Dave

output_log.txt 64.51 MB · 0 downloads

Thanks. Yeah, that's great - I can reproduce this now, so we'll get it fixed.

I think something is getting broken if you access the tutorial via that popup rather than going via the Introduction setting.