[m1.11 - General] Thoughts on construction completion dialog

The screenshot below says construction completed at Outpost Alpha, yet only the first hangar listed is located at Outpost Alpha, all other structures are located at Outpost Bravo.  There is room for clarity improvement here by indicating which structure is where or listing the multiple facilities where these structures are located.

m1.11 Second base construction completion.png

Edited by Melee

13 minutes ago, Melee said:

The screenshot below says construction completed at Outpost Alpha, yet only the first hangar listed is located at Outpost Alpha, all other structures are located at Outpost Bravo.  There is room for clarity improvement here by indicating which structure is where or listing the multiple facilities where these structures are located.

m1.11 Second base construction completion.png

Yeah. Let me ask the coders how complex it is to split the list out - I seem to remember it wasn't that simple to do, but I can't remember exactly why.

I kinda assumed this issue wouldn't really come up very often, but you're not the only person who has reported it. I guess people often build a big batch of buildings at the same time when their funding arrives at the start of the mission, so it probably does occur more than I thought.

Yes, and also in the early months what has made the most sense fiscally to me is to have base structures finish immediately after the next funding report so maintenance and personnel costs don't need to be paid for the upcoming month.  This requires starting construction in middle of month. While base building this results in two construction phases in a month, once after funding report, and then later during month so structures arrive after beginning of next month.  Middle of month structures can be additions to any base as item sale, UFO bounty, and mission reward funding allows during the month.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2023 at 7:52 PM, Melee said:

Yes, and also in the early months what has made the most sense fiscally to me is to have base structures finish immediately after the next funding report so maintenance and personnel costs don't need to be paid for the upcoming month.

Ideally, the maintenance cost for each structure and salary for each person would be prorated based on what fraction of the month they were present for? This would make the timing basically a wash, and reduce micromanagement while increasing realism. Also seems pretty easy to do (since you know at the end of the month how long each person and structure was present).