[1.10 Armory equipment screen] Soldier role equipment

Started a new game.

My Skyhawk was away and I tried to change the roles and equipment of the remaining soldiers.
The save role equipment and the load role equiment button are greyed out and are not working.
I guess this should be that way with soldiers away from the base, but it doesn't make sense for the remianing units.

Questions (not bugs, I hope):

• Is it not possible to take two MARS on a mission?
    Many soldiers were wounded, and I did not want them to take them. And as I had two MARS this was an option, I thought.
  • I don't know if real, but I have the impression that movement speed (or animation) runs a tiny bit faster now. Am I right? If so, it's good.

And one tiny Steam achievment bug I remembered today on my unavoidable Cleaner mission, as the same occasion came up (but no new achievment for sure).
On June 17th I got the achievement to stun an alien with a stun batton, as one cleaner walked into my smoke grenade and passed out. I did not have stun battons then. Don't know if that is fixed already.

Edited by thixotrop

On 7/2/2023 at 8:05 PM, thixotrop said:

Started a new game.

My Skyhawk was away and I tried to change the roles and equipment of the remaining soldiers.
The save role equipment and the load role equiment button are greyed out and are not working.
I guess this should be that way with soldiers away from the base, but it doesn't make sense for the remianing units.

Questions (not bugs, I hope):

• Is it not possible to take two MARS on a mission?
    Many soldiers were wounded, and I did not want them to take them. And as I had two MARS this was an option, I thought.
  • I don't know if real, but I have the impression that movement speed (or animation) runs a tiny bit faster now. Am I right? If so, it's good.

And one tiny Steam achievment bug I remembered today on my unavoidable Cleaner mission, as the same occasion came up (but no new achievment for sure).
On June 17th I got the achievement to stun an alien with a stun batton, as one cleaner walked into my smoke grenade and passed out. I did not have stun battons then. Don't know if that is fixed already.

Apologies for the slow reply. Can you provide a save game for the issue? I just tried to reproduce it in a fresh game and I couldn't. Were they perhaps wounded, or in transit?

To answer your questions - no, there is a limit on the number of vehicles per dropship. One in the starting dropship, but it increases with more advanced dropships.

I'm not sure if we've sped up movement animations recently. I don't think we have, actually. Although you can press Space when a unit is moving to fast forward the animation if you want to save time!

No need for apologies Chris, I rarely can play or come here within the week so no worries.

I found a quick-save and could reproduce it. Although I now have seen that my remaining soldiers are all wounded and maybe this is the issue.
To reproduce it:

• Load the save
  • See the my skyhawk somewhere in Alaska going to a mission.
  • Go to base, Armory screen
  • Choose the tab for remaining soldiers
  • Choose anyone
  • Change equipment manually (drag in or out) or click on the icon to equip role gear or change role:
    You can do one click a single time then the buttons turn grey (equip role gear/change role).
    It seems to remove some items too.

quick-3.json

Edited by thixotrop

17 hours ago, thixotrop said:

No need for apologies Chris, I rarely can play or come here within the week so no worries.

I found a quick-save and could reproduce it. Although I now have seen that my remaining soldiers are all wounded and maybe this is the issue.
To reproduce it:

• Load the save
  • See the my skyhawk somewhere in Alaska going to a mission.
  • Go to base, Armory screen
  • Choose the tab for remaining soldiers
  • Choose anyone
  • Change equipment manually (drag in or out) or click on the icon to equip role gear or change role:
    You can do one click a single time then the buttons turn grey (equip role gear/change role).
    It seems to remove some items too.

quick-3.json 361.52 kB · 2 downloads

Hmmm. So unless I'm misunderstanding, I think this system is working as intended - I can always click on the dropdown to change role, and that works.

However the two buttons beneath it will be disabled if a soldier is equipped with the default equipment for their role (because there's no point saving or updating the soldier's loadout if they are already equipped with the default loadout).

Ok, maybe I did not explain it correctly.

I have changed the equipment of a role and saved it via the save icon below the role.
All soldiers in the Skyhawk were equipped correctly. Then the Skyhawk was send away.
My remaining (wounded) soldiers did not have the new role gear. For instance, the soldier did not have an armor yet. So I wanted to click the left icon, but it did not work
I could move or remove any item once - into or ouit of soldier inventory - and the buttons become grey. So you can't re-equip the gear role.

image.png.0b07987e99410a0e0903459d8c64a885.png

On 7/8/2023 at 1:43 PM, thixotrop said:

Ok, maybe I did not explain it correctly.

I have changed the equipment of a role and saved it via the save icon below the role.
All soldiers in the Skyhawk were equipped correctly. Then the Skyhawk was send away.
My remaining (wounded) soldiers did not have the new role gear. For instance, the soldier did not have an armor yet. So I wanted to click the left icon, but it did not work
I could move or remove any item once - into or ouit of soldier inventory - and the buttons become grey. So you can't re-equip the gear role.

image.png.0b07987e99410a0e0903459d8c64a885.png

Thanks. So I can't reproduce this bug exactly, but it does seem like there's something weird going on here - inside Unity, the game works fine and will update your injured Rifleman soldiers to have the correct loadout with the Warden etc.

In the Steam version I can still press the Equip button, but it instead equips them with the default Rifleman loadout with the basic armour. We'll take a look.