[V17.1] CTD when C41 transferring Mif fighter arrives at destination base

Right, first up:

There's a bug involving save games and having transports in the air. If you save during a transfer and exit the game, that save game when loaded back up will CTD upon the transport "arriving".

Which is why your save game constantly crashes. The workaround is to save before and after a transfer, not during.

Next up is a bit more detail needed for your bug: When you did the transfer, was it soley the MIG you sent? Or did you send other things as well?

Hey Buzzles, I have done this in 17.1 with just a vehicle, just stores and a mix of both. As long as it is a save it crashes... and to make it worse, this included doing any ground mission when the transport is in flight. So i have to wait and hope a country doesn't get PO'd at me for ignoring their plight for a bit.

The mig was the only thing on the transport.

Right, first up:

There's a bug involving save games and having transports in the air. If you save during a transfer and exit the game, that save game when loaded back up will CTD upon the transport "arriving".

Which is why your save game constantly crashes. The workaround is to save before and after a transfer, not during.

Next up is a bit more detail needed for your bug: When you did the transfer, was it soley the MIG you sent? Or did you send other things as well?

Just had the same. Transferring an F-17 back to the original base. Yep, did as you said and saved while the plane is in transit.

One question. I've finished a ground assault and had the auto-save. Will this affect the game also, or is it otherwise safe?

I'll go back and try it, of course, but did want to bring that to your attention.