[v27.1 base] Engineering cannot produce resources

Ah, Day 135 -- I just completed an Alien Base mission and got Nanofabrication research project which seems to be the key.

It's not clear from the GUI nor Xenopedia entries that this is now locked behind a future research tech. Perhaps the "Resources" tab should be hidden from Engineering until the prerequisite tech is researched?

nanofabrication.png

Yeah, that´s correct. The Devs mentioned it in the V.27-Comeout-Entry, that the Research & Development-Tree get an new Refit. I don´t know how much Refits in the Research & Development-Tree we Beta-Testers had in the last 3 or 4 Years. But it get adjusted to the Game-Progress from all other Parts (Storyline, Aliens, other Enemys, Geoscape, Countrys, integrateable Ideas, done Gameplay-Tests etc.).

Edited by Alienkiller

7 hours ago, SoftwareSimian said:

Ah, Day 135 -- I just completed an Alien Base mission and got Nanofabrication research project which seems to be the key.

It's not clear from the GUI nor Xenopedia entries that this is now locked behind a future research tech. Perhaps the "Resources" tab should be hidden from Engineering until the prerequisite tech is researched?

nanofabrication.png

I'm in the process of rewriting the research text so that'll be fixed in the next few weeks - I think you're only expecting to be able to build them early in the game because of what the research text tells you, so once that changes it hopefully won't be that confusing.