Geoscape UI Pop-up request

At present for windows such as interception, patrolling etc. you have three choices.

1. Ok - 5 secs

2. Select new target

3. Cancel

Items ordered/manufactured pop-up (and perhaps others I have missed) only has one option.

1. Ok.

It would be nice if this had

1. Ok - 5 secs

2. Cancel - i.e; continue at same speed.

As an optional addition, could we have the number keys (currently shortcutted for speed control) to already to auto close any open pop-up window with the appropriate time step.

Anything that stops a player having to click or shortcut more than necessary has got to be a positive thing right?

(playing on a laptop using track pad has taught me how annoying this is!)

An even better solution would be a Hearts of Iron 3-style system that let the player himself choose, at any time, how messages would be presented: either in some sort of news ticker along with the alien attack messages, or as dialogue boxes, or as events that brought up dialogue boxes and automatically slowed the game to 5 secs. Right-clicking a box, or accessing a specific Game Options menu, would let you change the settings for that type of message.

So that if I know a lot of facilities are being built that don't require interaction (such as alien containment and radar facilities), I can just temporarily set those to show as news ticker items.