[V16 Ground Combat] can't even load ground combat W/O CTD

I have tried four new games on south america, north america and USSR. All crash when after I go to the crash

site. Every time I try to load the ground battle it CTD. I can't load a ground combat.

What happened? I thought this was mainly a bug fix build. This is the most unplayable yet.

Hi windex. To help the developers, could you give a little more information on the particulars of the ground combat, please?

Do you know

• What UFO you shot down?
  • What the ground combat map was before the UFO was shot down? (This is more difficult - you can only tell by looking at the UFO icon just before it is intercepted)
  • Do you have both a vehicle and soliders, or just soliders?

And looking at the v16 Changelog, this isn't a mainly bug fix build.

One was a small scout UFO3

I have a vehicle and soldiers.

And as for it being mainly a bug fix look several post and back (it took weeks to get this build out) in the update threads and you will see Chris saying it was going to be primarily for bug fixing with some new maps and a little AI. And if you can't find it well he did nonetheless state it in one of his threads about this particular patch.

I'm afraid that's not quite true. It is true that in Three Builds to Beta Chris was aiming for "lots and lots of bugfixes". But in Holidays and v15 beta, the goal changed for v15 (which would have been v1 beta) to be a cut-down version of the intended v15 release, with v16 to be the aggregate work done while Chris was away on holiday. Additionally, in that thread, Chris mentions (in the final paragraph) that after v16 he wanted to carry out an "alpha-deluxe" period which would just be bug fixing. Beta Delay then went on to clarify and strengthen the position that was taken in the Holidays/v15 announcement.