[V15.1]System unresponsive and other bugs

hello

Fist of i like to say i´m so happy to find this game. Been searching for replacement game for XCOM for so many years...This game brings me back to my childhood playing XCOM on a 486....man...good times.

And im Icelandic....u can call this the Icelandic Incident :D

Any way

I tried the demo version(think it is 10.x) and for me it was pretty stable...so i decided to buy this game.

Now im having lots of troubles.

1. Clipping. My Xenonauts and other AI are clipping alot.

2. Invisible characters, and the game crashes when it try to shoot invisible Aliens.

3.System becomes unresponsive. This happens alot in combat. Specially in hidden movement mode. Have to hard restart.

4.Is there a sticky with Hot fixes? Tried to search for Hot fixes but didn´t find any.

My systemspecs are the following

Windows 8 64bit

Intel I5

8 GB mem

Radeon 6970

SSD 160GB

Far as i know i have all the newest drivers(Just installed Win8 2 weeks ago)

If some one can give me links to hot fixes/updates for this game would be helpful

Once again...this game is just Brilliant and it´s going to be better later on.

Edited by McArnar

i'm new to this as well McArnar, there is a "workaround" thread but its pretty dated and none of the workarounds seem to be applicable anymore. I have all of these same issues, clipping doesn't seem to cause any problems apart from aesthetic (spelling?) issues and we just have to deal with it. Invisible characters and crashing when you shoot at them happens to me as well, especially when i try to load a tacmap save (which i only do after a CTD, im not one of those reload after xenonaut dies types). and the combat hangs are a constant problem for me too. apparently removing civvies fixes the issue but i did that a couple of days ago and still had plenty of problems so i put them back in as the game is so much more immersive (lol at spell-check, maybe i spelt it wrong but it wants to change "immersive" with "immersible", is that some kind of submarine with an awesome suspenseful atmosphere?) with them in there. Somebody JUST posted a fix for invisible aliens but im waiting for him to reply with a little more detail on how to do the workaround as i don't want to destroy my game files.

ps. i had alot of issues with corrupted save games early on and one of the workarounds that seems to have worked pretty well so far is NOT to save the game when there are ANY aircraft OR terror missions OR crash sites on the map ie. only save when the only thing visible on the geoscape is your base.

Also tacmap saves almost always become instantly corrupted for me and if i can get them loaded without an instant CTD when i click loadgame, the map loads up and all characters are invisible and the game will CTD as soon as i kill one.

Edited by Verci

I noticed allot of clipping myself, some places my soldiers cant walk up stairs, they just walk through them as if they were not there.

And I also seem invisible people around the world, no aliens yet, but I'm sure that will come.

I also had a problem with research.

After completing the research of Alien Biology, it said in the report that Stun weapons and toxin grenades was available for research.

But when I go to research something, there is nothing to research even though I should have something.

Are they not implemented yet or is it a bug?

The demo version was special.

Although it was still an alpha release more time was spent fixing bugs than in adding new content.

It was designed to give people a sense of where the game was at rather than to allow the alpha testers a chance to bug hunt on new content as is normally the case.

A normal alpha release will have at least one fairly common CTD bug and several other less game stopping ones.

Once all of the features are added and the major bugs squashed we should get into the beta and find the game to be playable for longer periods of time.

In general there are no hotfixes.

If a bug is found then it is fixed for the next build rather than hotfixed into the current one.

The builds come out fairly regularly though so you don't usually end up with a bug for too long.

Givanni has released a hotfix that stops farm maps crashing on load this time round though, find it here if you haven't applied it yet.

A lot of the research is not implemented yet.

Anything outside of laser weapons and wolf armour is a bonus.

The clipping issues are common but the new level designer is on board and should be working on getting tiles fixed up over the next few builds.

Invisible enemies are also quite common, this appears to be partly due to missing spritesheets.

The game has nothing to display so sometimes displays nothing...

Ok thx for the info

I know games in alpha stage can and will be very unstable.

But i´m still not finding any information on why my system becomes unresponsive...cant ctrl+alt+del. Nothing works except restarting the pc.

Been googleing and searching the forum and i only found 2 persons who have this problem and they have had no luck in finding the answer.

Is there a crash log i can use?

Xenonauts does produce a crash dump - I think it puts it into My Documents (where the Xenonaut savegames are kept). But how and when I couldn't say. If you're having problems with hidden movement, there are issues with the current a.i., where if an alien dies from fire or from some other source than a Xenonaut, sometimes the a.i. goes into a "waiting" routine which effectively locks the game up. Hopefully GJ is on that.