I'm really glad you included iron man mode in the game.

XenoMask

Some people have complained about UFO: Alien Invasion not allowing for save scumming during battles(only resetting the mission) but I was like "Pfft, game isn't even supposed to be played like that, besides save scumming is cheating so if devs think it shouldn't be allowed then it isn't allowed." Now it might sound kind of hypocritical, but I do save scumming on certain types of games on easiest difficulties just on first playthrough to get hang on the game. However, I don't really like save scumming, I like it when games prevent it or have feature to prevent it, like iron man modes. Why? Because its so tempting to save your favourite soldiers or prevent your expensive craft that took days to build to get blown up or losing 12 soldiers in lighting... Also when interceptors are blown up, ufos just fly everywhere and do their stuff without you being able to do anything about it, so it feels tempting to load previous save to prevent such things.

So what about it? Well, I yesterday finally completed my beginner with save scumming playthrough of XCOM/UFO and after figuring out how to fix difficulty bug(I hope I succeeded =/ Its hard to tell and I'm not sure how to confirm it), I started game on experienced without save scumming.

And holy hell, the game is much faster and much less frustrating now that I'm not save scumming to keep my best soldiers alive O_o

Seriously, games feels so different now... I'm probably later on gonna learn new tactics to avoid my soldiers dying, but now it feels oddly great to send rookies into small ufo to get shot instead of reloading save for hours until sectoid misses point blank shot xD Plus its more atmospheric that I'm doing so badly rather than reloading saves(which breaks immersion as xcom doesn't even allow loading game during battle resulting in that I have to quit game or abort mission in order to do it) and playing "perfect game" score wise.

So yeah, thank you for including the ironman mode :)

(P.S. Is it just me or are "Easy mode" in older games not really easy, just easier than normal? Nowadays easy mode means "I can beat this game no matter what" but in old games it means "Enemy is slightly easier now, play through this to get hang of the game and still feel challenged, then try again on normal to experience game's challenge fully")

Give people choices.... As an older gamer (with too many responsibilities to play 24 hr marathon sessions like I used to) the save feature often makes the game more fun then starting over all the time....When it gets too easy, I up the difficulty. Ironman is a good feature too for those who want to use it!