[25.4b - Geoscape] Visiting Geoscape resets base selection to second base (only have two bases).

Melee

• Description:  Visiting Geoscape resets previous base selection to second base.
  • Reproduction:  Select any base screen and select first base. Visit Geoscape. Visit any base screen and second base (only have two) will be selected.  Geoscape > Xenopedia > Select first base > Any other base facility screen also sets selection to second base.

On 1/15/2023 at 6:27 AM, Melee said:
  • Description:  Visiting Geoscape resets previous base selection to second base.
  • Reproduction:  Select any base screen and select first base. Visit Geoscape. Visit any base screen and second base (only have two) will be selected.  Geoscape > Xenopedia > Select first base > Any other base facility screen also sets selection to second base.

Thanks. We'll get this fixed.

EDIT - although, weirdly, I can't reproduce this in my own campaigns. But it's definitely happening in the save your provided.

4 hours ago, Melee said:

Is it possible to corrupt a campaign? The terror site battle not commencing bug also seemed odd given that terror sites worked for me in 25.3.

Yes. There's a bug which we've just fixed for V25.5 which has been randomly deleting data on the strategy layer. It's possible that's what's happened here, and that it's deleted some data that means the UI doesn't recognise your first base as being a base.

Alternatively, it might just be that the weird UI behaviour only happens after a particular thing happens in the game. But we'll take a look at your save game and see if we can work out what the problem is.