Feature request: button to hide walls

In the original Xenonauts, the toggle roof button could also toggle walls if I recall correctly. I would like that feature to be in X:2 as well, because I often find I want to see what exactly is on a tile that is (partially) obscured by walls (for example: is that corpse a civilian or a cleaner?). Rotating the camera takes time and does not always yield good results, especially if the tile in question is in an alleyway.

Welcome to the Beta-Test-Team.

You mentioned the Rotation-System. It come in to bring the Game Up to Date. All Games which belongs on itself in that and similar Gernes have such an System. If they don´t have such an System, they aren´t the Money worth you pay for it.

In X1 you saw about the bad Map-System and no Rotation (like in old X-Com EU / TftD) the Enemy to late, dosen´t matter they had an toggle Button or not. That´s why many Gamers switched to the UFO ET-Series, new XCOM-Series and Phoenix Point about such Features which make the Game 1 Million Times better then Xenonauts 1 and all similar Perdecessors.

That System is Hardcoded implemented and not to discuss anymore. What there you can Report is if the Degree functions work correct or not (45°, 60°, 90° etc.) on the Maps. And this Hardcoede System helps the Devs as well as us Testers to find overseen Problems, Bugs etc. in the Ground-Missions.

What the Toggle-Button and Walls etc. belongs, there the Game is in WIP, because not all Maps are finished yet. The done reworked Maps have to be tested on functionality, missing Tiles etc. We Main-Beta-Testers (now you all new Open-Beta-Testers have the same Job too) have to make the Controll-Work that the Maps are working. There all the Map-Parts have to be controlled (are there Magenta-Tiles come back, etc.). We have done the last Beta-Versions big Steps in that, but fresh Blood is good.

Edited by Alienkiller

4 hours ago, asdfcyber said:

In the original Xenonauts, the toggle roof button could also toggle walls if I recall correctly. I would like that feature to be in X:2 as well, because I often find I want to see what exactly is on a tile that is (partially) obscured by walls (for example: is that corpse a civilian or a cleaner?). Rotating the camera takes time and does not always yield good results, especially if the tile in question is in an alleyway.

This is something we can look at in Early Access, I guess. Doing the kind of wall fading we did in Xenonauts 1 is much more difficult to achieve in 3d than 2d, but a universal rule like "hide all the walls" should hopefully be fairly simple.

1 hour ago, Alienkiller said:

You mentioned the Rotation-System

Rotation is an excellent addition to X:2 and I'm happy with the way it works right now, so 2/3rd of your comment is irrelevant I'm afraid.

1 hour ago, Alienkiller said:

We Main-Beta-Testers (now you all new Open-Beta-Testers have the same Job too) have to make the Controll-Work that the Maps are working.

And report bugs and share feedback, what is your point? All maps with buildings will have corners that will partially obscure tiles, which is what this is about mostly.

• Thanks 1

We Main-Beta-Testers know the Game since the first playable Beta comes up and after a long time of playtesting we made Suggestions. We are not perfect too, but many Decissions why that and that is in the Game come from long playtesting. Like the Base-Buildupsystem from X1 and the most Gameparts. Others are complete new for the Newcomers, which they don´t understand. 

That what I mean. All new Beta-Testers have to make 2 longruns first (180 to 240 Days Minimum) to come in. Evtl. they see something we older Betatesters have overseen. After you get much deeper in the Game than the first 150 Days the Newbies understand what we Main-Beta-Testers mean and why the Devs have done that and that together with us older Main-Beta-Test-Bunnys.

That´s good, then you all exactly know what we older Beta-Testers mean for this Project.

Fresh Blood is everytime good and new Ideas also. But most of our older Ideas and most your Newbie-Ideas to give the Game internally with small / medium internally Modernisations will come later in the Early-Access-Phase, like Chris already said.

6 hours ago, Alienkiller said:

That´s good, then you all exactly know what we older Beta-Testers mean for this Project.

Fresh Blood is everytime good and new Ideas also. But most of our older Ideas and most your Newbie-Ideas to give the Game internally with small / medium internally Modernisations will come later in the Early-Access-Phase, like Chris already said.

I think this thread is a good example of when it was unnecessary to comment. You don't need to comment in every thread, just pick threads where you have some opinions or suggestions to contribute to the discussion. Please don't talk about other features or other games unless it's relevent to the thread, it just ends up derailing the thread.