v25.1 Playtest- Can't find Saves in Xenonauts 2 folder

Kamehamehayes

1 hour ago, Kamehamehayes said:

I currently cannot find my saves in my Xenonauts 2 folder. I can see logs just fine, but no saves. 

image.png.3f733602a3c5a0da7562d3d9986df057.png

Thanks. That's very strange. Is the game just not making saves then? If you go into the game and try and load a save, are any listed?

24 minutes ago, Kamehamehayes said:

The game is definitely making saves. I can see and load them just fine in-game. 

I also have both manual and auto saves. I also verified my game files right before I started playing today, so I think everything downloaded and installed properly. 

Hmmm. If the save files are visible and accessible within the game, they have to exist as files on your hard drive. There's no other way the save game system can function.

I guess that means your game is storing them elsewhere, perhaps because of Steam Cloud?

I think the most sensible way to find out what's happening is to run a search on your hard drive and find the files that way. The save directory contains a file called "steam_autocloud.vdf" which you could search for, but I think any game that uses Steam Cloud has a copy of that too.

If you know the name of your campaign then you can search for that - it's just the name with underscores instead of spaces. My campaign "Black Mercury" stores its saves in a folder called "black_mercury", etc.

If you manage to locate the saves then please let me know what's going on!

I managed to find the saves. Strangely, they appeared in the folder that they were supposed to, and I can find all my saves. I was searching for the steam_autocloud.vdf file when the rest of my games decided to pop up into the "my games" folder when it was just Xenonauts 2 by itself whenever checked the first time, and Xenonauts 2 put all of its saves and settings in there too. Also, my Xenonauts 2 folder does not have the steam_autocloud.vdf file at all. 

I have no clue why that happened. Something probably went wrong on my end and not with the game itself. 

Edit: I do have a ssd that I use to hold windows and my documents folder while I have an hard drive that has all of my games and other bigger files. That might contribute to the issue. 

Edited by Kamehamehayes

Oh I see. I figured it out. I for some reason have two "My Games" folders, one in my ssd and one in my hard drive. But for some reason, Xenonauts 2 appears in both of them, and the same logs appear in both of them but not saves or settings. I should have figured this out before, but its working now so I'm not complaining. 

Perhaps the pinned comment at the top reports needs to be updated so it accounts for people that have a small ssd and hard drive setup as I doubt I'm the only one that will get confused by this.