V24.6ish - Combat missions - Toggle roof button

Emily_F

So I've noticed a bug in missions with larger UFOs like harvesters where, at the end of the alien turn where something happened out of sight somewhere on the upper floors of the ship, the start of the player's turn turns the roof view mode on. But hitting the toggle roof view button doesn't go back to the normal view so even if you open the UFO door the roof obscures the view inside. Usually, but not always, this happens for buildings too (now that I think about it, it probably only affects buildings over a certain height. 

I've attached a save but it is from before the mission started (it didn't do an autosave at the start of the mission itself by the look of it)

auto_strategy_before_combat-111.json

Edited by Emily_F
Added a save

On 11/5/2022 at 9:29 AM, Emily_F said:

So I've noticed a bug in missions with larger UFOs like harvesters where, at the end of the alien turn where something happened out of sight somewhere on the upper floors of the ship, the start of the player's turn turns the roof view mode on. But hitting the toggle roof view button doesn't go back to the normal view so even if you open the UFO door the roof obscures the view inside. Usually, but not always, this happens for buildings too (now that I think about it, it probably only affects buildings over a certain height. 

I've attached a save but it is from before the mission started (it didn't do an autosave at the start of the mission itself by the look of it)

auto_strategy_before_combat-111.json 1.02 MB · 0 downloads

Thanks. Can I just ask for a bit more explanation here, as I'm struggling to visualise it in my head?

You're saying that some aliens move around on the higher levels of the large UFOs (presumably showing the higher outer hull sections of the UFO) and then when you open the main door of the UFO, the camera level is stuck on that higher level? Is the outer hull still visible on that higher level, or does that disappear and just leave behind the black "floor" outline?

If it happens again then a screenshot would be great (and a save from the end of the previous turn would be even better).

Yeah, pretty much correct; imagine you toggled the "roof view" on so you can see everything at once no matter what level you're on, but can't turn it off again.  So even you're on, say, level one and you're inside the UFO, you can't see the level you're on because the top of the UFO won't disappear. 

5 hours ago, Emily_F said:

Yeah, pretty much correct; imagine you toggled the "roof view" on so you can see everything at once no matter what level you're on, but can't turn it off again.  So even you're on, say, level one and you're inside the UFO, you can't see the level you're on because the top of the UFO won't disappear. 

Cool. And did the UFO outer hull disappear and turn into an outline, or did the outer hull remain in place when you opened the door?