Length of the current alpha game?

Just curious, I wonder if this is a bug or if its intended so I figured I'd ask here first of all. So here's what is happening, I played to around the 15th of june 1979 in game. Just downed UFO 15 and I am heading to crashsite 6 (I think). (Had to reload a lot of times because for some reason since last update when starting a new mission the first soldier I click on sometimes makes the game crash)

But anyway on to what I ain't sure about. The mission was a lot harder than I expected compared to previous ones, it had 10 Aliens 4 of which were little floating robots. Upon completing the mission it says "Thanks for playing the Alpha Demo" and returns to title menu.

The length of the alpha seems a little short. Is that intended or not? Would be understandable but I hope thats just a bug because I want to play more :P. Or is it due to recent troubles with Desura and it acts like if this was a demo rather than a pre-order alpha version?

Hope one of you out there can enlighten me or help me out if its a bug.

G.

That does sound unusual. I normally get a couple of months and into August. Then the Corvettes start appearing and the game dies then. I've certainly not had that many aliens so early on outside of a terror mission.

13.2 seems to have serious issues with crashing on moving your troops out of the chinook a lot of the time.

That sounds like what happens when you run Quick Battle and get thrown into a Terror Mission, rather than full campaign, You didn't perchance accidentally go the quick battle route, and load a saved game? The alien type and numbers also sound like a Quick Battle Terror Mission.

Or could be Chris et al have programmatically got some chance of a terror mission in the full game?

There's a highly likely chance Chris and Co haven't taken out the "End of Demo" stuff from the KS Build yet, probably due to the fact a lot of a the later content isn't ready to see the light of day.

Even if it didn't have an ending condition in the current build, due to lack of improved equipment, you'd hit a wall and fail anyway not too long after September starts.