A bug compilation.

Hello,

Firstly, Im sorry if the list of bugs and gameplay issues i have here is long and contains items that have already been covered. There are a few here though so i hope you can just breeze over the any already-established faults. Also, i really didnt want to clog the forum by posting one fault at a time.

I split types items into those i found from the geoscape and those i found on the tactical map and also some gameplay issues. There arent, though, as many in that tactical map due to issue with loading saves into tactical missions.

GEOSCAPE:

*When i attempted to overwite a save game the window reads "#####" which can easily be interpreted to mean "do you want to overwrite - although im sure wherever there is ##### you are already aware.

*On one occasion, there was no briefing screen in between accepting a ground mission on the geo and when the first phase is about to begin in the ground mission. i.e. it went straight from geo to the ground missions 'first turn' screen

*The "green square" base-layout animations were missing at a time. Sorry, I have been trying to replicate this but I cant seem to:

greensquaresgone.jpg

*When i have the interception menu is open and then i load a new game, when the new game is loaded the interception menu is still open displayng inaccurate info about interceptors for the newly loaded game.

*QUESTION: When an interceptor catches an UFO what does the ##### option mean?

interceptor######.jpg

*When i returned from the first tactical mission of the game, the personnel screen failed to show the updated results. Specifically, the 'missions completed" value was still 0. Also the hunter was heavily damaged in the battle, but its health was 100% back at base. Is there auto repair for vehicles or is that a bug?

*Occasionally when loading a game or alt-tabbing from xenonauts to Desktop, the top four tabs - bases, research, workshop and xenopedia - lose their function. That is, normally mousing over would have the tab highlight a lighter grey colour, but in this instance no lighter grey colour is seen and only the 'tick' sound is heard, but the relatives screens arent entered into. You can still enter the base and therefore the other screens by clicking the base symbol on the geoscape itself, but that is a long way around. I noted despite this, the bottom two tabs - intercept and build bases - funciton as normal.

NOTE: This is a frequent occurence. Now, I have to start a new game and then load my save from there to have the top tabs functioning. Loading ANY old save from the start menu or loading them from each other, leaves the upper main tabs on the geoscape non-functioning. Also it might be worth noticing that the cursor changes in the geoscape on the uppermost part, back to the white 'windows' mouse pointer.

*As well as the fact that loading a save inside a ground mission results in a CTD, if a save is made from geoscape whilst the geoscape has a crash-landed UFO anywhere - when that game is loaded the result is also a CTD.

*Running in windowed mode doesnt run the game in windowed mode.

TACTICAL:

*If I open the option menu and save the game, I cannot immediately then reopen the options menu. Once I end turn, i can reopen the menu.

*Scrolling down the screen with a mouse was mostly unresponsive, yet seemed to work using arrow keys. I dont whether thats an aspect ratio issue, a problem with my mouse(although scrolling up left and right is fine) or a bug.

*Also i presume its well known that these buttons:

buttonsnotfunctioning.jpg

are not functioning.

*This last one was a fairly major glitch although near impossible to replicate.

When in a ground mission i was testing the issue with the options menu not reopening after saving. I saved, couldnt open the menu. Ended the turn. Opened the menu. THEN i attempted to load a game. I clicked on the game i wanted to load and it simply closed the menu and left me with my current game. I opened options again and attempted to load another game with the same result. I decided then, to quit the game from the options menu and i was met with this:

Semi-crashmidtact.jpg

The LOAD GAME and GAME OPTIONS tabs werent functioning, however the EXIT GAME tab did exactly that.

GAMEPLAY ISSUES:

*When a interceptor is currently tailing a UFO it is really tough target the UFO with a new interceptor without clicking on the interceptor that is tailing it - without zooming. If you zoom in, the animations of tailing interceptor and ufo separate making it easier, although I found zooming in every time tiresome......Yeah, there might be some laziness involved here, although consider all those playing this on a laptop using a touchpad :P

*this next issue can having critical result when you consider the above issue at the same time.

When a UFO is detected at the very top of the screen, often its animation can fly underneath either the Build bases tab or the interceptor tab. You can only scroll so far up and and can zooming in prooves difficult in this situation because once again,depending on the flight path of the UFO these tabs can get in the way. Now if you consider this happening in combination with the issue above, i can become almost impossible to target the ufo with a second interceptor.

*If a UFO was detected roughly centre screen and when my interceptor caught it over the coast of any landmass on the geoscape, when the engage,tail etc window would appear over the top of the interceptor and the ufo and I would be unable to scroll. At this point i cant see there position and i dont want to shoot it down if its over the sea. now tailing it for second longer just to see where it is might be a work around, but sometimes that can mean the loss of the ufo.

*The last issue i have is kind of a personal one. If I remember back to the geoscape of XCOM, im fairly sure they missed it out too. Look im from Sydney Australia so i dont mind that much and every tasmanian is used to being forgotten about all the way down the bottom of Australia, but you might for the sake of the tasmanian XENONAUT Loyalists want to inlcude their state and capital too(maybe also Northern Territory their capital Darwin also):

NoTassie.jpg

One final thing are the details of any CTD scenario something you guys can use?

---------------------------------------------------------

I know that a lot of people cant stand other people posting BS on forums, when they could have downsized their post by reading the rest of the forum, but having combed the rest of the forums reasonably well, I included here what thought already hadnt been. So I apologise if those concerned are aware of most(if not all) of the things i have brought up here and reading this has been a total waste of have half an hour. I do hope though that there is something here that is of some help to...well, someone.

I also want to apologise if in any case i haven't been clear or if the info regarding what i was doing prior to the bug wasn't made clear. And finally for the fact that i haven't made clear in a lot of cases exactly how to replicate a lot of the issues i have raised

One thing i will say though is that i was impressed by the sound in the game. It is similar genre, but by no means the same as the sound in UFO: Base Defense. And I find the vibe remains. I remember that at times the sound effects, ambience and the music itself would often make tactical missions "creepy". Often, to have you dudes positioned right - then hitting end turn meant the eerie silence during the 'hidden movement' overlay......then all of sudden a flash of a sectoid jumping out of and quickly back into the fog of war before your rookies can get a shot off ---- Then another flash and BLAM one of 'em lets off a blaster bomb and half your squad hits the floor --- These moments can be quite downright scary(and then frustrating :eek::mad:) and I hope they can be recreated in Xenonauts(frustration and all).

This game is looking great so far and, already, is worth every dollar I paid.

NoTassie.jpg

Semi-crashmidtact.jpg

buttonsnotfunctioning.jpg

interceptor######.jpg

greensquaresgone.jpg

NoTassie.thumb.jpg.1e2a911e1efd42cd15136

Semi-crashmidtact.thumb.jpg.df6259806200

buttonsnotfunctioning.thumb.jpg.6b3093e0

577e7c7c8acaf_interceptor.thumb.jpg.a376

greensquaresgone.thumb.jpg.7728aa1b6fec2

This would be alot easier to answer if you numbered your points :/

Oh well.

Geoscape:

Save overwriting: Missing string entry. Good spot. Make a separate report.

Missing Briefing Screen:That's...odd. Has anyone else had this happen?

Mini-Base map blank: Also new. Would need to see if it can be replicated though.

Intercept and loading: Also good spot. Separate report.

Question: Its probably "tail till over land". It was added in 8.1 and its missing the string name.

Post-combat status: There's a bunch of oddities with post-mission stats. Including soldiers coming back to life apparently. I don't think it currently tracks some things (like missions) and no idea on the vehicle stuff.

Command Tabs: Known bug. Current workaround is to click on build base, the right-click to cancel it. The tabs should re-activate after that.

Crash-site save CTD: Also known. It won't crash if the current instance of the game has had a crash-site spawn already I think.

Windowed Mode: Old bug (one of the first actually).

Tactical

Combat saves: These just aren't working properly at all. Should be fixed in a week or 2.

Downward mouse-scrolling: The command bar currently blocks mouse-scrolling (since it prevents the cursor from touching the edge of the screen). It'll be fixed eventually. You should be able to scroll down on either side of the bar.

Mystery buttons: No, they're not working currently.

Weird glitch: Really odd. Make a separate bug report for ease of viewing.

Gameplay Issues

Icon selection: Known bug/issue. Should also be fixed at some point.

Tab interference: Surprised no-one has reported this. Make a report or add it to the suggestion thread.

Window interference: Add it to the suggestion thread. Being able to move the window should help.

Tasmania: Reported. The map is being updated around about now to get all the missing landmasses in. Add it to the map-fixing thread.

CTD Details

Yes. Strictly speaking, any bugs should be reported in their own thread for ease of verifying and viewing. Any CTD details are obviously important to add.