[V12] UFO never crash in air combat mode

Hello all,

I play in normal mode and v12 build

After 20 intercept UFO (in air battle), UFO never crash on land (no battle in sea)

All UFO was destroy. I tried to disable rocket or other weapon to not complete damage UFO but finally always destroy

It's BUG or it's very hard to crash an UFO to make a soldier mission ?

(sorry for my english)

Thanks

Safsound

Fighters don't create crash sites. Attacking anything over water will not create a crash site.

You should have got a crash site from a Light Scout or a Scout though, providing you encountered them. Light scouts are the very first UFO's you encounter as well.

Fighters don't create crash sites. Attacking anything over water will not create a crash site.

You should have got a crash site from a Light Scout or a Scout though, providing you encountered them. Light scouts are the very first UFO's you encounter as well.

Yes of course, i have see light scouts twice at the begin and i make 2 missions with soldier

But after nothing, only fight with other UFO but no crash land. So you tell only light scouts take mission if he crash ?

safsound, the way the alien ships work at the moment is they send out waves of aircraft at periodic intervals. If you go into the AM_AirSuperiority.xml file, you can mess around with the spawn rates for the most common type of ufo mission that spawns only fightercraft (which do not crash). Set the "Once Per Wave" to true, and for every wave of alien ships you face, you should only face one round of alien fightercraft. The rest of the time, you shold face alien craft that you can crash. Tell us if you see any improvement!

safsound, the way the alien ships work at the moment is they send out waves of aircraft at periodic intervals. If you go into the AM_AirSuperiority.xml file, you can mess around with the spawn rates for the most common type of ufo mission that spawns only fightercraft (which do not crash). Set the "Once Per Wave" to true, and for every wave of alien ships you face, you should only face one round of alien fightercraft. The rest of the time, you shold face alien craft that you can crash. Tell us if you see any improvement!

Thanks it's work but it's always the same map with soldier and alien ? The map is not random generate ?

Also i've the CTD when alien hit me :(

You will face four different kinds of alien in the alpha. The most comon will be the green (sebillian) and the grey (caesean) aliens. There are two types of robot alien. One type (Androns) come in with the larger spacecraft (in my experience). The other type (terror drones) you will only see during terror missions. The map will not randomly generate yet - that will come later, I understand. As for the CTD's check the other threads for ways to get around them.