[V23.4 - Combat mission] Opening door doesn't reveal what is behind it

In the attached save, the double door that the MARS is pointing at doesn't reveal what is behind it when you open it. 

Also, while I'm here there are a few other things I've noticed:

1. Even if you are next to it, the MARS blocks your shot by like 50% which it shouldn't do. 
  2. Even if stood right in front of a target you only get like  50% chance per shot to hit on full auto, and I have had it when none of the rounds has hit, which seems crazy. 
  3. In this save game, I tried to use the square explosives to destroy the forest between the chopper and the UFO, but they didn't do anything other than scorch the the ground. 
  4. The super-sebillans are crazy tough and there are too many of them in some recent missions.  Like, as in every member of the squad (all armed with lasers, acc >80%, etc) took a shot, most of which hit, and barely anything happened.  In fact I noted several times that the top red number indicating damage was not accurately subtracted from the health bar below it. 

user_opening_door_remains_black-9.json

4 hours ago, Emily_F said:

In the attached save, the double door that the MARS is pointing at doesn't reveal what is behind it when you open it. 

Also, while I'm here there are a few other things I've noticed:

1. Even if you are next to it, the MARS blocks your shot by like 50% which it shouldn't do. 
  2. Even if stood right in front of a target you only get like  50% chance per shot to hit on full auto, and I have had it when none of the rounds has hit, which seems crazy. 
  3. In this save game, I tried to use the square explosives to destroy the forest between the chopper and the UFO, but they didn't do anything other than scorch the the ground. 
  4. The super-sebillans are crazy tough and there are too many of them in some recent missions.  Like, as in every member of the squad (all armed with lasers, acc >80%, etc) took a shot, most of which hit, and barely anything happened.  In fact I noted several times that the top red number indicating damage was not accurately subtracted from the health bar below it. 

user_opening_door_remains_black-9.json 26.56 MB · 0 downloads

Thanks. I actually can't reproduce this from the save game, but I think I know the bug you mean and I think it's a shroud issue rather than an issue with the door itself. We will eventually take a proper look at it but it's probably quite a big fix.

Those tree clumps are destructible but they hvae 150 HP so they need more than one grenade to blow them up, I think.

You're right about the MARS blocking the shots, we'll look into how to set that up to not block adjacent shots. Not something we can do for the hotfix though.

For the other points, hold those thoughts - probably best if I create a balance thread for people to discuss the V23 builds.