[v22.4 - Ground Combat] Unable to reload stun gun

exuvo

I produced a stun gun and brought it on a soldier as secondary weapon and extra ammo for it too (stun gun battery). One in belt and two more in the backpack. After firing i am unable to reload it, there is no small reload button on the actions bar and dropping it while in inventory mode only gives an error beep.

Tooltip says weight is 8 but it is actually 12.
The tooltip firning modes for the stun gun also look wierd, see attached image.

DeepinScreenshot_select-area_20211107154026.png.f15c834d8580d2f631c0caa09a097c2f.png

Unrelated to that, moving an item from the inventory and dropping it where it already was costs TU. Repeating it once more the TU cost returns to 0.

Edited by exuvo

6 hours ago, exuvo said:

I produced a stun gun and brought it on a soldier as secondary weapon and extra ammo for it too (stun gun battery). One in belt and two more in the backpack. After firing i am unable to reload it, there is no small reload button on the actions bar and dropping it while in inventory mode only gives an error beep.

Tooltip says weight is 8 but it is actually 12.
The tooltip firning modes for the stun gun also look wierd, see attached image.

DeepinScreenshot_select-area_20211107154026.png.f15c834d8580d2f631c0caa09a097c2f.png

Unrelated to that, moving an item from the inventory and dropping it where it already was costs TU. Repeating it once more the TU cost returns to 0.

Thanks. Yeah, I'll fix the stun gun not being reloadable for the next hotfix, I just made an error in the setup. Same with the tooltip text.

The weight issue is interesting because it's actually listing the unloaded weight of the weapon; once you add a clip to the weapon it becomes 12 because the clip weighs 4. I'll have a think about how best to deal with that.

Oh i see, i was just comparing it to the pistol which also weights 8 and noticed that total weight still went up. I did not realize the ammo weighted different amounts.

I would suggest naming the weight for loadable weapons "Net Weight" then, it is both short and matches common usage today in vehicle and cargo transport https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/net_weight .

-edit-
Actually the player is probably more interested in the gross weight of the weapon, maybe show it as "Weight 8+4" so you see both weapon weight and ammo weigh in the same tooltip for quick comparison. Especially for this case where the base weapon weight is the same but ammo weight is different.

Edited by exuvo